The Unstable Punk (03)

In the past, Hansu Seong used to teach Jiho a few things. He already felt that he had evolved well and was far exceeding his expectations. But there was something missing. That was when Jiho started fighting all over Gangbuk. But this experience wasn't enough for Hansu.

"Jiho, you've only exceeded your body's limits since the beginning. Making it reach a dream level of muscle. You've managed to master a very good technical arsenal of Kyokushin and Taekwondo. But it's not enough. You lack spirit." declared the old man.

"Spirit?"

"Even though you're serious, you're also sometimes too relaxed. You seem to take life and what comes after as a game. I don't know what you intend to do with my teachings, but you need to keep in mind that life isn't going to make it easy for you." Jiho nodded. Surely it came from all the information he already possessed, that he thought he was above it all.

Hansu continued his lecture, saying. "But I also noticed that you lack balance. It's closer to capoeira. But I'll show you how to kick in any position. It'll help if you're in a tight spot."

"Thanks...! I'm happy to learn so much from you." Jiho was happy, but he wondered if it was something he'd already read in Lookism. But it would do him good if he needed it later.

****

The fights had stopped between the others so they could watch the one between Hajun and Jiho. Jiho was still smiling, but Hajun was concentrating on his movements. He didn't want to get kicked like that. The most dangerous and at the same time the easiest thing to do was to get close enough to anticipate or block the kicks.

{I understand his training better, if that's the way he fights. Always hitting something with his feet. It's strengthened him. I was really right to join him}. That was what Fei thought. He'd witnessed many of Jiho's training sessions outside the classroom. And how he'd managed to increase his leg and foot strength.

If his arm wasn't so big, he'd have stuck to it by now to avoid any kicks. A quick jab landed on Jiho's face. But at the same time, Jiho bent down to kick him in the ribs. But thanks to his reflexes, Hajun was able to get out of the way.

But without letting go, Jiho used a back kick to break his guard. Hajun stepped back again, his boxing seeming useless in the face of Jiho's kicks. His arms were already trembling after just one blow. But he didn't have time to react before Jiho inflicted a circular kick on his neck. He had held back so as not to kill Hajun on the spot. But Hajun still had energy to spare. Taking advantage of Jiho's imbalance, he charged forward to punch him in the face with all his remaining energy. Unfortunately for him, thanks to Hansu's lessons on balance, Jiho was able to get into a position where he could block the punch with his forehead. He could hear the crack of Hajun's fist. Still in the same position, he delivered a simple punch to Hajun's stomach.

The fight was over, the punch had sent Hajun's body tumbling to the ground. Those who had come with Jiho shouted with joy. Those on the northern side fell into despair. Just as Fei was about to say there was no longer any reason for them to fight. A man shouted and charged towards Jiho.

"Glory to the north!" shouted the man with a knife in his hand. But he was quickly kicked aside by a newcomer.

Everyone was surprised. It was the famous Taehoon Seong who had just appeared to get the man with the knife out of the way. He looked at Jiho with a disgusted expression as the latter approached him, almost stepping on Hajun's body.

"You use what my father taught you for this kind of thing?" Asked the redhead.

"Is it that disturbing? After all, you use taekwondo for this kind of thing too." Jiho replied with a smile. Taehoon didn't reply and just walked away. But he'd let him know anyway.

"The police'll be here soon, so if I were you, I'd get the hell out of here. Besides... if you have any unfinished business with me, we'll do it at the gym."

Jiho laughed, looking forward to it. Taehoon was in his plans too. But before anything else, they also needed to leave quickly so they didn't get caught by the police.

"Fei, let's move! Northern boys, you'd better pick up Hajun and leave too!" As said the two groups set off from the spot. Jiho mans were happy. They'd never thought their leader was so strong. Morale was up, while that of the north was down.

Author's comment: I'm sorry I haven't posted for so long. I've been quite busy with my exams. I hope you enjoy these two chapters.