Number Five

(Spiderman does not belong to me!)
_________________________________________
Now Playing:

La Camisa Negra
By Juanes

"Tengo la camisa negra Porque negra tengo el alma Yo por ti perdí la calma Y casi pierdo hasta mi cama."
_________________________________________

I roll my eyes as Jess comes out of the portal, her knowing deadpan aimed at specifically me, I knew I was to blame here and I would rather be held accountable for everything rather than the poor kids that were supposed to be on my watch.

I sigh remorsefully, taking my place right next to her with my arms crossed, watching the back up team I had requested more than once rush out and go on their way to place stabilizers down on the big gaping hole of the collapsed bridge, my eyes filled with an almost scrutinizing gaze, not at them, but more so at the mistakes I had allowed myself to make for this to happen.

    "Jess I-"

     "[Y/n], I can't help you, Miguel wants you at his office as soon as possible- if you can try to talk him out of whatever attitude he wants to drown himself in."

    I chuckle bleakly, clicking my tongue with frustration at my own mishaps, blaming myself for letting not only my student and kids get hurt and engage in combat, but for the destruction of Pav's world, my mind already fully knowing how much of a mental toll this would make on the poor boy, my own experience coming back to haunt me.

I can't hear Jess speaking clearly, I can't hear my kids arguing or being praised by the citizens, I just submerge myself into my consciousness, eyes sharp and dark with resentment. I'm taken out of my contemporary trance as Pav's shaky voice speaks nervously, and I could tell that his mind was filled with nothing but anxiety.

"Uh guys, what's that?"

Hobie quickly answers his question, his witty and could be interpreted as true answer flowing into the air like clockwork for him.

"Must be a metaphor for capitalism."

Gwen chimes in too.

"It's a lot worse than that."

   She was most definitely right, not to say that capitalism wasn't bad, but that this was greater and much more dangerous than the political views and rebellion in Hobie's world. I hum in agreement as I take a step forward, looking down at the chaos from up high, my gaze keen and focused.

Jess' commanding and level headed voice finally reaches my ears once again, this time distributing simple orders that the other arachnids were assigned to carry out, flawlessly of course.

"Clear all civilians and lets contain this mess."

Miles greets her with a smile, she just looks down at him, literally. I frown at her unimpressed gaze, clearly following the rules on interacting with anomalies, shooting a raised eye brow my way.

"I know who you are."

She says coldly, waking away from him, authority in every step she takes. I sigh at her stone cold words and steps, gently putting a hand on Miles' back and shaking my head, try to reassure him that he's not in the wrong, but neither is she.

I turn to Pav, gently taking his shaky hand into mind and rubbing circles on his palm with my thumb, trying to soothe his nerves down, his eyes darting to my gentle yet very much tired face, I knew he could tell the shift in tone I had.

The clean up team marches down onto the growing black hole, placing stabilizers around the dark matter in an attempt to get the crumbling world under control, my eyes closing with little to no hope.