Number Six

(Spiderman does not belong to me!)
_________________________________________
Now playing:

              La Bikina
                 By Luis Miguel

"Solitaria camina la bikina. La gente se pone a murmurar, dicen que tiene una pena, dicen que tiene una pena que la hace llorar."
_________________________________________

"Cannon Event?"

I feel Miguel's hand wrap around my own hand, gently tugging my along to face the boy, my eyes darting away from Miles as I slip away my hand from Miguel's, his own eyes narrowing with a sharp glance and huff, his arms stubbornly crossing over his chest.

"Wait what are you upset about? I saved those people."

Miles swings his arm as if to prove a point, Miguel raising his eyebrow at Miles gestures, the boy's body language telling him and I that he was getting desperate- desperate to prove himself to the major authoritative figure that could let him be here, be with Gwen, his friends. I sigh deeply, looking at Gwen and Miles apologetically, my hands secretively reaching for theirs in comfort.

   Their hands seem to stop fidgeting on whatever they were nervously playing at, their smaller and tinier yet very much calloused hands wrapping on both of my hands, my thumbs rubbing calming circles on their palms.

      Before I get to comfort them with words, Miguel's voice- rich and deep, as low as the ocean yet as calming as the slow streams- beats me to it rapidly.

"And that's the problem. Lyla do the thing."

I watch Lyla appear again, like the small pixie Tinker-bell on Peter Pan's shoulder, helping him out whenever he called for her. The AI looks confused, her programming was surprisingly human, making sarcastic remarks, and truly being funny- a lot more lighthearted than Miguel truly.

"Huh what thing?"

   She asks dumbfounded, shooting a glance at me for help while I just nod my head, I knew well that she was probably just messing around, and I couldn't help but chuckle under my breath for that.

"What- what do you mean what thing? The information explanation thing."

While Miguel is distracted, every ounce of my fiber and soul tell me that he's getting irritated, more things of the past uprooting in his mind, the way his jaw clenched and unclenched was almost painful to watch as well. I close my eyes, turning to Miles and whispering in the boy's ear.

"If things go south, remember what Hobie said about your palms."

He looks at me confused but I've already made my way back to O'hara's side, my hands squeezing gently at his bicep as I feel his muscle tense and un-tense, my [E/c] eyes shining with the technology casting a warm light over the two of us, eyes like jewels under the night stars. The warm lights turn into a bright white orb, like Polaris shining bright in the night sky, the atmosphere felt a lot cooler, in a sense of color themes rather than temperature and such.

"What's this?"

    Miles looks at me, his eyes threatening to burst into bright and wonder filled stars if we didn't satisfy his hunger for answers, the boy was certainly curious I'll give him that. I smile gently at Miles, giving Miguel a squeeze on his shoulder for him to explain to the poor young man. Luckily for everyone, he complies quickly, like a dog having a treat hanging over his head for it.

"This, this is everything."

The light was absolutely stunning, drawing all of us- Hobie, Gwen, Miles, Peter (and Mayday), Miguel, and I- towards it like light hungry moths, a moth drawn to a flame. My body relaxes in the presence of the universe, feeling no need to fight with a fate that was set for me, something that would slowly usher me to the future and whatever it plans. My eyes follow as the orb of light falls to the ground, distributing into the tree we know as the multiverse, our worlds of multiple spidermen, women, and others, it was absolutely breath taking.