The Angel

Chapter 9

Savage

I sits in a leather chair in a corner of the clubhouse watching my mom and Sutton talk. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around everything I have learned. Sutton has to be the strongest woman I have ever known besides my mother. Jeez, she has grown up with Satan and the bastard has tried to kill her spirit and fire, but she hasn't let him. God, his mom is right. Sutton is easy to love, and the thought stirred emotions inside him he is not ready to deal with. Someone stepped into my line of sight blocking my view of Sutton. I look up at the woman standing in front of him.

"What do you want Candy?" Currently I'm in no mood for the scavenger's shit and my tone is clipped.

"I just wanted to see what is going on. I thought we had a good thing going." Candy's voice sounded quiet and sad. I do my best to quell my anger before I speak. I'm not trying to hurt the girl. I curse to myself. I have known it was a mistake to sleep with her more than once.

"Look Candy, that's over. I should have never slept with you more than once. I'm sorry if you got the impression that it is more than just screwing but that's all it is for me."

Candy's expression hardened and she raises her voice as she pointed a red tipped fingernail at me.

"That is not all it is for me and you know that. Your gonna regret this Savage and when that crazy rich bitch throws you away like trash you'll come running back."

I rise from the chair and looks down at Candy with narrowed eyes.

"You don't know what you are talking about and don't call Sutton a bitch. In fact, don't speak to either of us ever again. You are dead to me, and unless you wanna be dead to this club you will keep our names out of your mouth. I can not go back to something I never really wanted in the first place, so you need to correct that delusional method of thinking. You got me Candy?"

The woman stepped back and looked like I had physically struck her. Tears streamed down her face and she raises her hands to cover them before turning and running from the room almost tripping on her stripper heels. I scrub my face with his hands and shakes my head. What a mistake she has been. Someone places a hand on my arm and I looks into Sutton's green eyes.

"Everything ok?" Her voice gentle and tinged with concern.

I pull her into a hug and kiss the top of her head.

"Yeah baby it's all good. You and mom have a good talk?"

Sutton buries her face into my chest.

"Yeah it is good. She knows so much about my mom. I really like your mom. I can not remember what it is like to have a mother, but I would like to think that my mom would have been like Patience. She's so sweet I don't know how I am ever going to repay all y'alls kindness. She just headed out to buy me clothes, so I don't have to run around looking like a hobo."

I laugh out loud and step back from Sutton.

"My mom went to get you clothes? Oh, this is going to be good. I can not wait to see what she brings back."

Sutton wrinkled her nose.

"What do you mean?"

I pull her in to my embrace again. Kissing the top of her head and inhaling her intoxicating scent he said.

"Oh, baby girl, you are about to get a crash course in how to dress the part of biker chick. I promise you there won't be any catholic school girl skirts."

I feels Sutton laugh against my chest.

"Well, today is the day for life changing events, I can handle it."