14: Nightmares

Lia's POV

Maaga akong nagising kaya nagtungo ako sa baba para uminom ng tubig nang biglang sumalubong sa akin si Simon na mukhang takot na takot.

"L-l-lia?" He asked as he examined my face. "You scared me to death"

"Hala, sorry Simon" Tugon ko. "I didn't mean to do that"

"Your face, what happened?" Simon asked while pointing at my face. Huh, ano meron sa mukha ko?

"Bakit?" I asked him.

"You look scary"

"Eh?"

"And funny at the same time" dagdag pa niya sabay pigil ng tawa. Tiningnan ko naman mukha ko sa salamin at nagulat ako sa reflection ko.

"What the hell!" I exclaimed before turning back to Simon. "Did you do this?"

"Nu-uh that must be Sandro's doing" he continued to laugh.

"He's so dead talaga when he wakes up!" I said angrily.

"I mean, you can just enter his room and draw on his face. I have a spare key to his room, I'll give it to you if you want" Simon replied and I agreed with his suggestion.

He left to get the marker and spare key and then came back to hand it over to me. I then went inside Sandro's room quietly, careful to not wake him up and then took out the marker from my pocket. My phone was also recording on my free hand.

"Hmmm what to draw?" I said to myself quietly and an idea suddenly popped out from my mind. "Ah I know na!"

I first drew a winged liner in both eyes followed by some long lashes and defined eyebrows .

"I think he looks too pretty in this one, let's make it ugly" I whispered, enough for the device to pick up my voice.

I then started to make him look like a cat by adding in a heart shaped nose, whiskers, and sharp teeth.

"There we go" I said to the camera while showing hid whole face on screen.

"I'm Van Gogh and this is my new masterpiece Sandro le félin" I giggled while imitating a french accent. I then proceeded to show my face along with Sandro's onscreen and did some hilarious poses when suddenly.....

"Hmmmm" Sandro mumbled and held my hand. I immediately froze to my spot. Oh shems how am I supposed to get out of here now.

"Don't leave me" I heard Sandro say in a low voice. This guy talks in his sleep? "Please stay"

I tried to carefully remove his grip on my wrist but he only held it tighter instead. He then pulled me close to him and I fell beside him on his bed. Wait, how did it get to this point so quickly?

My face was just inches away from his and I could already feel my heart beating so fast. I stared at him and examined his facial features while he was fast asleep. Even though his face was full of doodles lumilitaw parin yung kagwapuhan niya. Wait, I find this guy gwapo? Lia you can't fall for him! Hindi pwede!

Nakaramdam ako ng konting pagkalungkot when I suddenly remembered my family, especially my dad. If he knew about all of this I'm sure na he's gonna get really mad at me. Hindi na nga ako payagan na mag boyfriend tapos kay Sandro pa ako magkakagusto na isang Marcos. A Lopega and a Marcos can never be together, never.

Well let's say that I may have a crush on Sandro. I mean, what's not to like about him? he's nice, caring and fun to be with. What I like about him is that he never really cared about my family name. I felt that he saw me for who I really was and not the Lopega who hated him and his family. If only I weren't a Lopega.....If only I had the freedom to choose who I want to be with. I should probably just give up on these feelings. It's silly for me to even think about something that's impossible.

"Please stay" Sandro cried and pulled me even closer to a hug. My face was now buried in his chest and I could feel myself going hot. "Stay and I'll take care of you...I'll protect you. Just don't leave me please"

Sino kaya itong kausap ni Sandro sa panaginip niya....swerte niya naman....

"Okay, Okay..." I said, trying to calm him down. "I won't leave you Sandro, I wont"

•••

Sandro's POV

I knew I was dreaming but it all felt so real. I was currently having a nightmare and it was all about Lia. It terrified me because it was one of my greatest fears. I feared that one day I would wake up here without her by my side. That she'd finally leave me alone and go back to the life she has in Manila. That we'd go back to being a Marcos and a Lopega and not the Sandro and Lia who once shared memories in Ilocos Norte.

In my dream she was standing in front of me, ready to leave.

"Sandro I have to go" she said.

"Don't leave me" I begged but she shook her head.

"No Sandro, I have to leave"

"Please stay"

Lia was starting to walk away from me and so I immediately grabbed her hand and held on to it. Wait, why does it feel real?

I could feel her trying to remove my hand so I tightened my grip and drew her closer towards me. I placed my hand on her head and hugged her tightly. I was really afraid of letting her go that I couldn't stop myself from crying.

"Please stay" I told her while gently stroking her hair. "Stay and I'll take care of you, I'll protect you. Just don't leave me please"

"Okay, okay" I heard her respond. Wait, is this real? "I won't leave you Sandro, I won't"

The fragrant smell of lavender soon filled my senses and I slowly regained consciousness. I opened my eyes only to see my hand on Lia's hair. My heart started to race faster as I realized that it wasn't really a dream, it was all true.... I'm even hugging her right now! Oh my God Sandro, you're hugging Lia!

Let's stay like this for a while. I want to be selfish for once in my life. I want to have you all for myself even just for today.....