bar night.

it was 9pm on a thursday night so luckily, the bar wasn't so crowded. courtney was excited, in a way. she hadn't actually had a conversation with duncan in years. she was 25! the bar they stayed at had the atmospheric vibe of a italian island grill. it wasn't small, but it wasn't big.

when courtney walked in, a woman by the doorway squealed. "ow, my ears." courtney muttered quietly. "OH. EM. GEE. ITS COURTNEY BARLOW!! CAN I GET YOUR AUTOGRAPH??" the lady said, very VERY ecstatic. courtney nodded and wrote her initials on a pen and pad. the lady then took a picture, which she hugged courtney and had her flash on so courtney's face looked super contorted.

when she finally got away, she found a small couch that only had a few party girls sitting there, talking. courtney's attire was completely not fitting the atmosphere, she was wearing a long sleeved shirt and some mid-thigh shorts. she did not show up in the spirit if the event.

after waiting a bit, she texted duncan since he wasn't there and he was taking forever.

hey
are you on your way?

yeah
just pulled in since traffic got a little wild on the highway

she shook her head but got up to go talk to him. he walked in, pretty annoyed, in a leather jacket and some black pants. "hey!" duncan said enthusiastically. "hey, do you wanna go to the bar and get some drinks?" courtney smiled lightly. duncan was much taller than courtney now, she had to look up to see his face. after they walked through the crowd, they sat down and had a seat. "so uh, hows life... going?" courtney asked nervously, afraid to mess things up. "uhh alright. i got prohibition a bit ago." duncan said, shameful at that last part. "oh? why?" courtney asked. "well, at the restaurant i worked at, some dude started smacking this girl who was the waitress so i got into a pretty bad tussle with him." duncan scratched his neck, still ashamed. courtney tensed her faced up and made a small "ooo.." noise. duncan nodded. "well, how about you?" trying to light up the mood, duncan questioned. "well. my last year of mcgill university is here. i guess thats it." courtney shrugged.

after a few drinks, duncan was drinking like a champ, but courtney was just ready to barf. "should we go? you can stay at my place for the night." duncan looked over at a wasted courtney. she nodded her head as duncan picked her up and took her to his car. that's when paparazzi came rushing through. they questions ran through the parking lot. duncan simply stuffed courtney into the passenger seat and sat in the driver's. one person in the paparazzi jumped onto the car, but they slid off when duncan drove into the intersection. he drove into his apartment building and picked court back up again. he walked her into his room, and she was completely wasted. courtney locked the door shut and made out with duncan wildly, out of complete control.

anything they had ever said was off their minds. courtney had made a promise to never touch duncan again, but this... this was new.

"oh, how i missed your lips..."

———

a/n: yall are gonna be expecting a lot of shit packed into the next chapter cos this one was short asf.

this is the only idea i could think of cos idk what to do with bridgette and geoff rn. they might not be included in the next chapter sobs

any spelling error/ grammar error i made lmk

love you guys : )