Chapter 01

"The plane is going to land in Seoul in 20 minutes

"The plane is going to land in Seoul in 20 minutes. All the passengers are requested to wear your seatbelts. Thank you," a flight attendant announces through the speaker.

A girl, who stares outside of the window beside her, admires the beautiful view that she would soon see up close. A contagious smile that makes those around her stare for a second longer appears onto her face. She is finally going to be in her birthplace.

"Finally, I'm back," she says under her breath and rests her head on her seat, "Finally."

She stepped into the airport forty minutes later with her luggage in one hand. In her other hand, she holds her phone up to her ear.

"Eomma... where are you?" The girl asks with a hint of annoyance in her voice. Unknowingly, she presses her phone against her ear too hard.

"Baby, we're waiting for you at the 1st gate," her mother answers.

The girl scoffs and replies, "Now where is the 1st gate!?"

"Baby search a little bit. Or ask someone. Yes, ask someone." Her mother suggests.

The girl's grip on her phone loosens once she catches sight of something and she stops walking. "Hold on, I think I found you." She cuts the call, shoves her phone in her pocket and runs toward a couple that has their back facing her. She couldn't help but shout: "Eomma! Appa!"

The couple turns around to see their daughter running towards them while she drags her luggage. From a little distance, she let her bags go and spread her arms wide. And lastly, she hugs her parents who are smiling ear to ear. Her mom and dad hugs her back and says their share of words too. "Oh, my baby is back. I missed you my love."

"Not more than me. I missed you both more, and Oppa too," the girl says.

They broke away from the hug. The girl notices some tears in her mother's eyes when she gets a good look at their faces in real life after so long. She cups her mom's face and says, "Why are you crying, Eomma? I'm back now!"

Her mother moves her head as 'no'. "I'm just overjoyed to see you again like this, baby."

"Can we head back home first?" Her dad says from behind. Both ladies looked at him and nodded in agreement.

"Let's go homeee!" The girl cheers cutely with too much excitement to know what to do with.

At the ride ~

They laugh together as her father takes some of her luggage. They soon exit the airport and get into the car after putting her stuff in the trunk. In no time, she is able to enjoy a car ride back home with her parents.