Hunted

"Not far now Daria." Alexis says as the group is walking through the woods the next morning.

"We're very close." Runt says.

"I've been hearing that for an awfully long time. I'm not complaining but-" Floyd then gets cut off by Alexis.

"This is the only route we know." Alexis says.

"Our dad knows all the real short cuts." Runt says.

"Yes I do." A voice says revealing to be Kate and Humphrey.

"Runt, Alexis? You are so busted!" Floyd says as he and Daria look at Alexis and Runt.

"Dad, Mom I uh-" Runt then gets cut off by Humphrey.

"Son, Son. We're here to help you." Humphrey says as Runt smiles.

"Wait. You are?" Alexis asks.

"Yes." Kate says as she smiles.

*Timeskip*

"Okay Daria. I see your pack." Kate says as the group arrives at a ledge and sees a pack below nearby.

"They'll take me back right?" Daria asks.

"Why wouldn't they?" Runt asks.

"They were worried she wouldn't be able to take care of me when I was a pup... but I made it." Daria says proudly.

"Okay Daria I will lead. You follow close behind." Kate says as she and Daria head down to the pack and over to a group of females.

"Oh no." Alexis says as she sees a brown wolf headed for Daria and growls.

"Dad look! We have to do something." Runt says as he and Humphrey see the wolf.

"No. Not until your mother signals me." Humphrey says as the wolf begins to follow Kate and Daria before Runt jumps down.

"Runt!" Humphrey says as he jumps down after Runt before Alexis jumps down and heads over to Daria and Kate.

"Daria, mom. We gotta go now." Alexis says as Kate sees the wolf and nods before a female wolf runs up.

"Wait, wait!" The female wolf says.

"Yes?" Kate asks.

"You're Daria aren't you? It's okay. I... just wanted to say hi." The wolf says kindly.

"Who are you?" Daria asks.

"I am Lois. I'm your sister. Daria... Mom never made it back. But I want you to know, she loved you. She vowed to protect all of all of us." The wolf says.

"I needed to hear that." Daria says as she looks down.

"The rules of this pack are still the same. But maybe I can come visit you and your pack some time?" Lois asks.

"That would be nice." Daria says.

"Okay you two. We should get going. It was nice meeting you Lois." Kate says as she, Daria and Alexis leave before Runt and Humphrey quickly catch up.

*Timeskip*

"Daria why'd you stop?" Alexis asks as the group is walking in the woods before Daria stops.

"What is it?" Kate asks.

"I hear something. Sounds like wolves. I hear three of them." Daria says.

"Okay Daria we need to get you out of here." Runt says as three wolves come running up.

"Hey there! All of you!" The lead wolf shouts.

"Let's go." Kate says.

"No. I'm tired of hiding. What did you do with my mother?" Daria asks as a wolf growls and tries to jump at her before Alexis tackles it away and stands in front of Daria growling protectively before the wolf gets tackled by Humphrey as Kate begins fighting with another wolf.

"She's gone Daria and she's paid the highest price for you!" The lead wolf says as walks toward Daria growling as Alexis growls at him while snapping.

"Keep away from her!" Alexis says angrily.

"I'm afraid I can't do that. Laws are laws and they will be upheld." The lead wolf says.

"Daria we have to get you into the forest. You'll be protected there." Runt says.

"Runt's right. Follow us Daria and listen for our footsteps." Alexis says as the group runs off with Daria and the lead wolf chasing after them.

*Timeskip*

"Almost there Daria. Oh no. Daria!" Alexis shouts in alarm as the group makes it into the woods before stopping and seeing the lead wolf is right behind Daria as she is running.

"Daria's in trouble!" Runt shouts as the ghost appears.

"Daria! Jump!" Alexis shouts as Daria jumps before the wolf misses her and gets attacked by the ghost as he then disappears with it.