𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐒𝐈𝐗

STEVES POV-

I was in my car, driving Dustin back to his house to help him deal with a creature he found."Wait a sec. How big?" I asked him taking a glance at him for a second then focusing back on the road.

He put his hands up to show an example. "First it was like that. Now he's like this." 

I sighed and said,"I swear to God, man, it's just some little lizard, okay?"

"It's not a lizard." Dustin said in a defending tone.

"How do you know?" I asked.

"How do I know if it's not just a lizard?" He asked while looking at me.

"Yeah! How do you know it's not just a lizard?" I told him in a stern voice.

"Because his face opened up and ate my cat. Me and Mia saw it with our own eyes this morning when we trapped it."

I nodded my head in shock and silence filled the car easily. I was driving Dustin to one, to one, kill whatever that thing is, and two, to go see Mia. She's been kinda avoiding me ever since I saw her with Billy.

What was that about anyway. Are they together now? I was hearing people say that they were a couple now but Mia wouldn't date someone like him, would she?

I continued driving to Dustin's place and parked my car in the front. We both got out and I opened my trunk. I tossed my keys over to Dustin and grabbed my nail bat. I looked at him and closed the trunk.

We walked towards the back and I saw a figure sitting in a chair by a little play house.

"Mia! I was able to find some back up!" Dustin called out. Mia stood up turning and walking towards us with a bow. When she stopped I smiled at her. I felt Dustins gaze staring right into my head. 

"Steve? What are you doing here? And more importantly, how did you believe my brother?" Mia asked crossing her arms looking at me.

"He helped us last year. Thats where he got his bat." Dustin explained as Mia looked down at my hands and saw the bat.

"Wait. You already fought something like this before? As long as you two are alive, I can't be too mad. But never again, not without me. Anyways, it hasn't escaped since I've been watching it the whole time. It hasn't opened." Mia said walking over to the basement.

I couldn't think of anything to say. I just kept thinking about her being with Billy. I just broke up with Nancy though. So I shouldn't care about it. But why do I feel like we could've been something more.

MIAS POV-

"I don't hear shit." Steve said while pointing a flash light at the locked doors.

"He's in there." Dustin said looking at me.

I nodded at him,"Yeah. I've been keeping an eye on it since you left. It got quiet after a while but theres no way it escaped."

Steve tapped his bat on the door and there was silence. Then he hit the door and there was still more silence. "All right, listen, kid. I swear, if this is some sort of Halloween prank, you're dead." He flashed his flash light in Dustins face.

"It's not." Dustin said, his eyes squinting from the bright light.

"All right?" Steve said quickly.

"It's not a prank." Dustin said in response."Get it out of my face."

"Steve, trust me, I thought it was a prank to, but believe me its not." I said bringing the flashlight down so it wouldn't hit Dustins eyes anymore.

He sighed,"You got a key for this thing?" I gave him the keys and he keeled down unlocking the doors.