Pirates Vs. Ninja

Two hundred years ago, the Terror of the Seas lived. This dreaded pirate sailed the Endless Sea, pillaging villages and killing innocents. During his years of piracy, he defeated many other pirates, some more powerful than anything known to Ninjago today. But one day, all of that came to an end when the Terror of the Seas and his crew vanished in the depths of the briny blue, never to be seen again.

Onyx closed her eyes, imagining the feel of the wind whipping her face, the spray stinging her eyes and cooling her skin. The rocking of a boat and the creaking of wood, ruffling sails slapping the mast...

"Whatcha reading?" Nya's voice jerked Onyx from her fantasy. "Oh, it's a book about pirates. It's super cool to think that they once plagued the seas! I'm glad they don't anymore, though. Then they would've attacked my village," Onyx answered, watching Nya mix a few liquids for medicine bottles for the Ultra Dragon. "Onyx, can you keep him calm while I give him his medicine?" Nya asked. "Sure."

Onyx set her book down and began to stroke Flame's head as Nya poured the medicinal cocktail into it. He growled and shook his head. "Hey, buddy. You have to calm down. We're helping you. The medicine will speed up your healing," she murmured soothingly. Flame snorted and shook his head one more time before calming down. "Alright! It's good we got that done," Nya said, wiping her hands off.

Onyx heard footsteps behind her. She looked back to see Lloyd. "Hi Lloyd," she said. "How's the Ultra Dragon?" He asked. "Now that we've given him his medicine, he should be able to fly properly soon. It's important that we take care of him, because one day he'll be yours," Nya answered. "Oh! Really?" Lloyd asked, brown eyes widening. "Sure! The elemental dragons were loyal to the original five ninja. But the Ultra Dragon, he's meant for the Green Ninja to ride," Nya answered.

Onyx looked at Fade, standing next to the Ultra Dragon. The dragon stared back steadily. She sniffed her, then nuzzled her gently. Onyx grinned. "I love you too," she said, rubbing Fade's nose. "Go and get some air!" Nya called. The Ultra Dragon and Fade blasted off into the sky, nearly knocking Onyx over with the burst of wind it created. "Hey Onyx, did you hear that? I'm gonna fly the Ultra Dragon!" Lloyd exclaimed, running over to her. Onyx couldn't help but smile at the excited glimmer in his eyes. "Awesome! We'll have to teach you how," she said. Lloyd's grin grew wider. "Yes!" He whispered, pumping his fist.

Nya laughed. "You two are the cutest," she said. Onyx and Lloyd glanced at each other, confused. "What's that supposed to mean?" Onyx asked suspiciously. Nya shrugged. "Oh, nothing," she said with a grin. Lloyd shrugged, just as puzzled.

Later that day, Wu and the ninja were discussing an important matter. "It's time we search Ninjago City for a more suitable place to train Lloyd," Wu said. Onyx nodded. "Yeah. This apartment is barely big enough for all of us to fit in, let alone train him," she said. "But Sensei, Ninjago is huge. It'll take us all day to find it on foot!" Jay said. "And that's if we spilt up and don't stop for anything," Onyx added. "And without our Golden Weapons, we don't have Spinjitzu vehicles. How would we get around?" Zane asked.

Wu smirked and held out little golden coins. "You'll learn to travel with these," he said. Onyx took one. "What are these?" Cole asked. "They can transport you anywhere you want to go in the city," he said. "Like a magic portal?" Cole asked. "Ooh, or a Spinjitzu vortex?" Jay exclaimed. Wu handed each of them one. Onyx squinted at hers and realized what it was. "Wait a minute, these are bus tokens," Cole said. Wu chuckled. Onyx flipped hers into the air and caught it. "Well, we'd better get to the stop. They only run every thirty minutes," she said.

(=^・ェ・^=)(=^・ェ・^=)(=^・ェ・^=)(=^・ェ・^=)

The ninja stood outside of a small dojo they'd managed to find. Onyx looked up at the sign and read, "Grand Sensei Dareth's Mojo Dojo." She glanced at the others. "Have you ever heard of him?" She asked. They shook their heads. "This is where Lloyd is going to train?" Cole said disapprovingly. Jay chuckled nervously and shrugged. "It's better than our dumpy apartment," he said. "That's true. Now come on; let's check it out," Onyx said, leading the others inside.