Return of the Overlord

The ninja trudged out of the jungle, slipping silently back into their camp. The horns of destruction were still sounding, but they were quieter on this side of the island, more of a disturbing background sound than an earsplitting wail. Dr. Julien whipped to them. "What was that sound? The horns?" He asked anxiously. Wu shook his head gravely. "The Celestial Clock has reached zero. Garmadon's ultimate weapon is now operational, and the Final Battle between good and evil has all but begun," he said.

Misako glanced regretfully at her son. "Now Lloyd must face his father," she said. Lloyd looked away. "But where's Nya?" Dr. Julien asked, realizing who was missing. "She's been taken by the Overlord, but we'll get her back. At the moment, there are bigger things at stake, including all of Ninjago itself," Wu answered. Onyx gritted her teeth. He was right. Millions of lives were worth more than one, no matter how important that one was.

Jay shook his head. "Who cares about Ninjago? Nya was my—uh, my...you know," he said. Kai put a hand on his shoulder. "And she's my sister. I know her being captured is tough, but she's tougher. Tougher than most of us. We'll see her again," he promised. Wu turned to Lloyd. "Lloyd, your focus gives strength to invoking the power of the Golden Dragon. You cannot lose faith now. Everything rests on your shoulders," he said. Lloyd ran a hand through his hair, making it even messier than it had been before. "But Sensei, you saw what happened when I tried to face my father. I-I froze. I can't fight him," he said.

Onyx looked Lloyd in the eye. "I don't think you have a choice. At this point, it's either us or him," she said. "Remember, your father is just as scared," Misako said. "Then the battle will be decided by who is willing to fight," Wu said. "You won't be alone. I'll be right behind you. You have my fire," Kai said. The other ninja stepped forward. "You have my earth." "And my ice." "And lightning." "And my darkness."

Cole fixed Lloyd with a steady stare. "We're all in this together, kid," he said. Lloyd stood still for a moment before nodding. "What are we waiting for? Let's suit up," he ordered.

(=^・ェ・^=)(=^・ェ・^=)(=^・ェ・^=)(=^・ェ・^=)

The ninja dashed silently through the jungle, rapidly approaching Garmadon's camp. When they reached the edge of the trees, Lloyd threw his hand up, signaling for them to drop down. Onyx obeyed, sprawling to her stomach and peering through the grass at the wooden bastion. She flared her nose, trying to ignore the way the grass was tickling it. It seemed strangely quiet.

The ninja looked at Lloyd, waiting for his command. After a moment, he nodded. "Time to chop wood," Jay said with a smirk as they leapt up to storm the gates. Onyx wasn't a fan of this plan, but they had passed the point of no return. Espionage had served its purpose. Force was the option they had left now.

They kicked through the gates with a cry of "Ninja go!" Onyx whipped her katanas out, prepared to battle, but instead, they found that the camp had been completely abandoned. "Uh, where the heck is everybody?" Jay asked. "Ugh, and here I was, all ready to release the thunder," Cole complained. Onyx looked around, ensuring nothing of use had been left behind. "The ultimate weapon is gone. We're too late. Nya? Nya!" Kai cried, anxiously looking around. Onyx shook her head. "She's not here, Kai. They've taken her with them," she said. She narrowed her eyes at the ground. They wanted them to follow. Why?

Onyx's eyes suddenly alighted on tire tracks. "Guys!" She said, following them across the ground to where they trailed into the jungle, leaving broken trees and torn foliage. Lloyd stepped up to investigate them. "Whoa. That's one big weapon," he said softly. He was right; the tracks were massive. So much so that Cole could lay down and fit between them, and he was the tallest of them.

"It appears to be heading toward the coast," Zane said. "But why? Wouldn't he try to use it on us?" Lloyd asked. Onyx shook her head. She was trying to put the pieces together, but there weren't enough of them to fill in the complete picture. Suddenly, Wu, Misako, and Julien dashed into the camp. "Not on us. On Ninjago. He always wanted to turn our world into his own image. Now we know how it will be done," Wu gasped. "But if he starts turning things evil, the balance will shift and allow the Overlord to cross over into our world," Misako cried.