The Day Ninjago Stood Still

Onyx and the others stood in Dareth's dojo, surrounding a blindfolded Lloyd. "Don't rely on your eyes. Use your ears," Cole instructed as the five drew their weapons, preparing to attack. Dareth walked through the head curtain. "Uh, guys, I'm teaching a class later, so I'd appreciate a clean dojo," he said nervously.

They ignored him, instead rushing at Lloyd. Onyx held back, watching the others attack as she leapt up and perched in the ceiling rafters, waiting for the right moment to leap down and strike. Lloyd dodged a barrage of attacks, kicking Zane's shurikens away, ducking under Cole's scythe, catching Jay's nunchucks, and leaping over Kai's swords. Lloyd grabbed Cole's scythe from him and leapt up, using it as a support to spin around and kick each of the boys in the jaw, knocking them back. Jay fell into Dareth's trophy cabinet, sending the plastic cups clattering to the floor.

Dareth gave an alarmed cry. "Ah! No, no, no, no, no, no no no, no, no!" He muttered repeatedly as he ran around picking up the trophies and hurriedly opening a window to prevent Jay, who had just been kicked across the room by Lloyd, from breaking it. Dareth quickly snapped the window shut, trapping Jay outside.

Now that the others were down, Onyx decided to make her move. She waited until Lloyd was directly under her before dropping down. To her surprise, Lloyd flawlessly dodged the attack, and she staggered upon hitting the ground, unprepared to land on wood instead of flesh. Lloyd took advantage of her vulnerability to drop down and kick her legs out from under her.

Onyx crashed to the floor, landing on her back and banging an elbow on the wood. Lloyd pushed the blindfold up, extending a hand. "Are you alright?" He asked. "Yeah, I'm fine. How did you know I was there?" Onyx asked, accepting his hand. "The wood creaked a little when you jumped. And I can usually tell when you're around. You have a strong presence," Lloyd answered. Onyx frowned, unsure of what that meant. Maybe it had to do with elements. After all, he was in tune with all of them.

Before anyone could say anything else, the television in the corner of the dojo beeped loudly and turned on, showing the face of Gayle Gossip, a somewhat well-known news reporter. "NGTV reporter Gayle Gossip on the scene of what appears to be an earthquake rocking the city of Ninjago. But it's an earthquake like no other, as scientists have yet to pinpoint the cause. And more frightening still, the aftershocks are getting stronger," she said.

The ninja glanced at each other, faces grim. "What do you think it could be?" Cole asked. "Wouldn't be surprised if it was Garmadon. We haven't seen him for a while," Kai suggested. "He would never. Lloyd's father is evil, but he would never do anything to put his son in harm's way," Misako said, her and Wu suddenly running into the dojo. Wu nodded. "Misako's right. He only tried to thwart his training. This is something else," he agreed. Onyx frowned. That first part wasn't necessarily true. The Grundal had almost killed all of them.

Jay, who had followed them in, ran a hand through his hair, messing up the style and fluffing it up. "Then what is it?" He asked. Zane stuck his head out of the window and placed his fingers in his mouth, giving a piercing whistle. The Falcon flew down from the rooftop and landed on his arm, tilting its head. "My friend, be my eyes and look for danger in the streets from above," Zane ordered, flicking his wrist as the Falcon took off. When it was gone, Onyx turned to the others. "In the meantime, we should get out on the streets and keep people safe. If these quakes keep getting worse, there could be serious damage," she said.

(=^・ェ・^=)(=^・ェ・^=)(=^・ェ・^=)(=^・ェ・^=)

Onyx gasped and nearly lost her footing as the ground shook with the most violent tremor yet, so strong that it opened a crack in the ground. She sucked air through her teeth. It was only a matter of time before buildings started coming down. Her eyes widened with alarm as a woman dashed across the street, calling for the poodle standing on the other side. Before she could make it across, the ground shook again, and the ground under her began to collapse.