The Last Voyage

Onyx wiped sweat off of her forehead and stretched her arms, tired from working on the Bounty all day. She'd been helping Nya with the electrical work, though mainly just cutting and untangling wires. She could follow instructions but had no clue what wires went where. "Onyx, attach that blue wire to the red terminal," Nya said, pointing. Onyx obliged, using a pair of pliers to clamp down on the worse and guide it to the red slot. She yelped as a boot of electricity zapped her when she plugged it in.

Nya groaned and stuck her head out of the panel she and Onyx had pulled off to access the inner workings. "Oh, it's worse than I feared. The rotors on the starboard booster are completely destroyed. The port boosters are shot from the strain. Oh, sorry guys. She's not getting airborne anytime soon," she said to the others. Cole groaned and stopped hammering the boards back together. "So if the Stone Army attacks again, we're sitting ducks," he said. Jay rolled his eyes. "Uh, ducks can fly, Cole. Weren't you listening?" He said.

"He has a point," Onyx interjected, popping her head out too. "Oh, can it, Onyx," Cole snapped. "We just got our tails handed to us and we couldn't even stop one of them. Ugh, I hate feeling helpless," Kai complained. "We mustn't give up hope, Kai," Wu said, he and Zane walking up. They'd been on a scouting mission and had just returned. "But the Stone Army is indestructible. You saw it. At best, all my powers could do was slow them down," Lloyd said with a frown.

Misako stuck her head over the edge of the deck. "That's not entirely true. There is a way to defeat them. And it is told within the scrolls," she said, waving at the ninja, who stopped what they were doing and followed her belowdeck.

Misako spread a scroll out on the table in the bridge. It depicted a ninja in red, blue, white, and black sending beams of elemental power up at the Green Ninja, who was floating above them, surrounded by a golden light. "The prophecy reveals that the power to defeat the Stone Army lies within the Green Ninja," she said. Lloyd shook his head. "I tried. I gave them everything I had," he said. Misako gave a soft smile. "Yes, but you are stronger than you think. Look. The true power of the Green Ninja can only be unlocked when his four protectors find their own pure elemental powers," she said. Onyx narrowed her eyes. Yet another prophecy she wasn't in.

"Are we the protectors?" Cole asked. Jay laughed. "Pfft, silly question. Of course we are. Haha, right?" He asked. Zane cupped his chin. "If we are the protectors, then we're doomed. Our elemental Golden Weapons no longer exist. We cannot tap into our elemental powers without them," he said. Onyx nodded in agreement. There were several holes in this entire thing.

Misako nodded. "Yes, but the powers do exist within each of you. And there is a way to unlock your powers on your own. We must go to the Temple of Light," she said. Onyx clenched her jaw. Surely she wouldn't find her own powers there, but she didn't want to question it in front of the others. That wasn't something she wanted to explain to them. Especially Lloyd.

Nya cocked her head. "Temple of Light? What's that?" She asked. "The gold in the Golden Weapons was from the Golden Peaks, but they were forged in the Temple of Light, a powerful place I thought only existed in legend," Misako explained. Wu frowned. "It's on the Dark Island?" He asked. Misako gave him an adventurous smile. "I think our only choice is to find out," she said. Cole smiled. "So we get our powers back? All right!" He exclaimed.

Nya frowned. "But there's still one big problem: the Bounty can't fly," she said. Misako raised an eyebrow. "It's a ship, right? Can't it sail?" She asked. Onyx flushed. "Well now we all feel stupid," she said.

(=^・ェ・^=)(=^・ェ・^=)(=^・ェ・^=)(=^・ェ・^=)

Onyx stood by Zane and Wu on the deck of the Bounty, watching the others say goodbye to their families and friends. Jay and Cole were with their parents, Kai was with Dareth, and Lloyd was with the Ultra Dragon. Onyx had already given her farewells to Fade, and she had no one else to say goodbye to. Though she wasn't exactly eager to start sailing either. The thought of being out in the middle of the ocean without anyone to help if something went wrong was making her anxious.

"Onyx, are you alright? You seem nervous. That isn't like you," Zane said. Onyx glanced away. "I know what the ocean can do. My-my father was a fisherman. One day there was a storm, and he just... didn't come back. I remember waiting on that dock for him, only to be told by his friends what had happened," she said. She remembered it like it was yesterday. The cold wind and icy ocean spray slapping her face, the scent of strangleweed, fish, and rotting wood assaulting her nose, the sight of three battered, soaked men clambering unsteadily out of a boat with tattered sails.

She remembered desperately looking for the fourth man, who never appeared. Her brother's grip on her hand had tightened so much it hurt. She broke free and ran towards one of the men, a bearded man with dark brown hair. "Where's dad?" The look the man gave her was one that had immediately shattered her. An exhausted one of despairing grief. She was young. She hadn't had a name for what had happened, but she immediately understood her father wouldn't be coming home.

Zane looked at her, eyes softening. "I'm sorry. I had no idea," he said. Onyx shook her head. "No, it's fine. I'm sorry for dropping that on you; I got carried away," she said. Zane shook his head. "Don't be," he said. Then he glanced out over the crowd of people with a sigh. "Is there anyone you would like to say goodbye to?" Wu asked, addressing the two of them. Onyx shook her head. Her family would be coming with her. "My only family is my Falcon. And my only memory of my father was nearly erased. I will miss Ninjago, for it's all I know, but I am excited to see what the future has in store," Zane said.

Wu offered him a smile. "Well, my Nindroid friend, there are a few people who would like to say goodbye to you," he said, pointing to a crowd of fangirls, who squealed when Zane glanced over at them. Onyx wrinkled her nose in distaste and stepped away, staring out over the sea, trying to swallow the fear. The wind carried the scent of brine, and she nearly gagged at the association. The lantern she, her brother, and her mother had sent out to honor their father's spirit. The lantern that had taken a part of their mother with it.

Onyx took shallow breaths through her mouth, forcing the memories back. 'Come on. That was a long time ago. Focus on the now.' She pushed the pain back and turned to the others, who were now on deck. "Okay. Let's go," she said.

————————————————————————
A chapter out quickly! That's my Christmas present to you. Also because I have terrible insomnia. Merry Christmas!

Musical of the Day: Spirited (it's a movie musical, and is actually pretty good. The only Christmas movie I can tolerate)

Onyx and the Legacy of the Green Ninjaजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें