𝟕

This chapter contains sex

This chapter contains sex. If that makes you uncomfortable skip it. ⚠️

Jun 19th 2015

Tatianna Imani Simmons

"Oh my god." I groaned declining a call from Myti for the 4th time today. It had been a little over a week since I last talked to Myti or kentrell.

I don't know how Myti found out that I knew, or maybe she doesn't know I know yet, but I do know she's been calling everyday. Kentrell on the hand hadn't reached out at all.

I missed him a little, but life goes on. I'll forget about him in a month or two. It was just the disrespect, how can you be mad at me for giving someone my number, when you're hiding secrets from me. He said he liked me but you don't lie to people you see yourself being in a relationship with...he acted like I was his property or something.

I laid in my bed looking up at the ceiling, as "pink matter." By frank ocean played.

"Tatianna you've been in here all day, and you won't tell me what happened. Will you at least come to work with me, just to get you out of the house?" My mom said standing at my door frame.

I groaned standing up, "yeah, I guess." I mumbled rubbing my eyes. I quickly put on my black scrubs and grabbed my bag following her out the door.

The car ride was silent, I sat in the front seat adjusting my hoodie so more of my face was hidden. "Are you really not gonna tell me what happened?" She pressed.

"Why are you acting like we're just close and discuss our problems with each other all of a sudden?" I scoffed looking over at her as she drove.

Her face softened, "Tatianna I know we don't have the best relationship, but I am still your mother and care deeply for you. You seemed so happy when kentrell was coming around and then he stopped showing up and you stopped being happy so I'll ask again, what happened?" She continued. "You haven't even been speaking to myti, she's be calling my phone asking about you. what could have happened so bad that you've abandoned your friend since elementary school?"

"That's not my friend." I mumbled. "Why would you say something like-" "they were sneaking around. Her and kentrell. I guess that's why she acted like she hated him." I cut her off. "Are you sure? That's something serious to accuse someone of." She warned. "He told me ma. I'm sure." My voice cracked as I got out of the car slamming the door walking towards the entrance of the hospital.

We walked in together "Ion wanna talk about it anymore." I mumbled as I wrote my name in on the sign in sheet for volunteers. "See you later." I walked off doing rounds, making sure all residents were comfortable and didn't need anything. I finally came into Mrs. Alice room. I hadn't spoken to her in a while, and just because I wasn't speaking to her grandson had nothing to do with her. I was still obligated to fulfill my duties as a volunteer.