''What?''

The on-call room was filled with laughter and chatter as Lexie and their friends, Meredith, Addison, and Amelia, took a well-deserved break. Lexie sat on one of the beds, their legs stretched out comfortably, while y/n entered the room, clearly exhausted after a long surgery. Their head rested on Lexie's lap as they absentmindedly played with Lexie's hand.

"Look who decided to grace us with their presence. How did the surgery go, y/n?" Meredith said, her smile widening as she glanced at Lexie.

Y/n let out a tired sigh, their voice laced with exhaustion. "It was a tough one, but I think we managed to pull through."

Amelia chimed in, teasingly. "Well, don't leave us in suspense. Did you save the patient's life, or did you just leave them with a new scar?"

Y/n rolled their eyes playfully. "Oh, please. You know I'm the best surgeon in this hospital. That patient is lucky I was there to work my magic."

Addison joined the conversation, a mischievous glint in her eyes. "Magic, huh? Is that what they're calling it these days?"

Lexie, always quick to jump in and tease y/n, couldn't resist a comment. "Yeah, more like a magic touch with a scalpel. You sure have a way of making patients wish they were unconscious."

Y/n groaned, lifting their head slightly and playfully swatting Lexie's arm. "Oh, come on! Can't you be nice for once?"

Lexie grinned, their voice dripping with faux innocence. "Who, me? Nice? That's just not in my nature with you, y/n."

Meredith, enjoying the banter, couldn't resist adding fuel to the fire. "You two are impossible. It's a wonder you're not at each other's throats all the time."

Y/n shrugged, settling back down with their head on Lexie's lap. "Oh, we save that for special occasions. Like when Lexie here says she wants to kiss me but then takes it back."

Lexie's eyes widened in mock surprise. "I never said that!"

Y/n's tone was teasing, their fingers still idly playing with Lexie's hand. "Oh, really? So, what did you say, then?"

Lexie smirked, looked at y/n who was looking directly into her eyes and opened her mouth to answer, but nothing came out. Laughter erupted in the room as their friends burst into teasing laughter, thoroughly enjoying the banter between Lexie and y/n.

Meredith, wiping away tears of laughter, managed to speak through her giggles. "You two are ridiculous. Can't you just admit you secretly like each other?"

Y/n looked up at Lexie, a hint of a smile playing on their lips. "Well, maybe just a little."

Lexie's smirk turned into a genuine smile as they gazed back at y/n. "Maybe more than a little."