~ Chapter 16. Return to Mirkwood ~

It was a month since Legolas and Sylvanas had left Ravenhill and headed North, the time had seemed to go by so fast. They two were now heading home,they were near the borders of Mirkwood. It almost seemed like forever since the two had laid eyes on the forests of The Woodland Realm. Soon they reached the bridge that led to the gates of The Woodland Realm, Legolas quickly jumped of the horse and then helped Sylvanas down. Offering his arm to her and she gladly accepting it, the two walked across the bridge, the Guards stood at attention as their Prince walked by them and walked into the gates. Once inside the two stopped looking about them as they took in the comfort of being home, they both had truly missed being here.

"I'll go see my father, then I will meet you in your quarters. There's someplace I want to take you tonight." Said Legolas as he looked at Sylvanas, smiling slightly.

"Very well then." She replied smiling at him, and he kissed her hand before pulling her into a deep kiss. He then turned and walked towards the throne where his father sat and Sylvanas walked to her quarters. She still couldn't believe that she was in love, for years she told everyone that love would never be apart of her life and now here she was, courting the Prince of The Woodland Realm. Sylvanas was happy, she only wished that her mother was alive to see her happy and in love like she had always wanted for her.

As she entered her quarters, she looked around, everything still untouched and in its place. She untied her knives and placed them on the small table in the corner of her room and she took off her empty hip quiver, she had lost her bow when she fought Bolg. She wondered if Tauriel returned home, hoping that Thranduil had lifted her banishment as well.

Sylvanas never like wearing dresses, but tonight she decided to make an exception, wondering what Legolas had planned for himself and her tonight. She walked over to her wardrobe, looking through her dresses and found a beautiful silver colored dress made of chiffon. She quickly undressed and put on the dress, the sleeves fell a few inches off her shoulders and the back was bare. She then brushed her long hair and placed a small beaded crown that only hung from the back of her head.

*knock knock*

Her door opened and Legolas walked in, he looked more handsome then ever, wearing a silver tunic, looking very princely. He closed the door behind him, not being able to take his eyes off his love, who looked amazing.

"You look...beautiful, meleth nin (my love)." He said as he walked over to her smiling.

"And you look handsome." She replied smiling back. He wrapped an arm around her waist and duped her cheek with the other, pulling her close and leaning in he kissed her. The kiss was gentle and passionate and soon it became heated, their tongues dancing with each other. Sylvanas ran her fingers across her love's jawline before she entangled them in his hair, being careful not to mess it up.

They soon broke the kiss, "Come on. There's something I want to show you." Said Legolas and he offered her his hand and she gladly took it, following him out of her room and down the halls. Sylvanas could hear the Feast of Starlight and she followed Legolas up a staircase that led slightly above the tree and into the night.

"I've always wanted to bring you up here." Said Legolas as the two looked up into the night sky, looking up at the stairs as the sparkled like diamonds.

"It's so beautiful, I've only been here a few times but it means so much more when someone is with you." She replied.

"I love you so much, Sylvanas." Said Legolas.

"I love you too." Whispered Sylvanas as she cupped his face and kissed him. The two kissed for what seemed like hours before they broke and watched stars together.

"So what did your father say to you?" Asked Sylvanas, she and Legolas were now standing beside each other.

"He told me that he was happy to see us home safely. He also apologized for trying to keep you away from me, saying that he shouldn't have cared if you were a Dark Elf, but that I was happy.." Replied Legolas.

"Do you care that I'm a Dark Elf?" Asked Sylvanas.

"No, I love you for who you are, Sylvanas. You make me happy and the fact that we both love each other so much is all that matters." Replied Legolas, caressing her cheek.

Sylvanas smiled, how could she deserve someone, especially Legolas. He was perfect and so sweet, he wasn't a stuck up Prince who praised himself, he was a prince that cared for others and cared about her more than anything.

Later that night, Legolas walked Sylvanas back to her quarters. "Goodnight, meleth nin (my love)." Whispered Legolas as he kissed her softly.

"Goodnight, Legolas." She whispered.

They smiled at each other, slowly letting go of each other's hand as he walked away, until they were no longer touching. "Legolas, wait."

Legolas turned around smiling and walking back over to her, grabbing her and kissing her again, more deeply and passionately. "stay with...me tonight." She whispered between kisses.

"Is that what my love wishes?" Asked Legolas playfully.

Sylvanas nodded before the two entered her room. She walked over to her bed, landing on I her stomach with a thump. Legolas chuckled as he closed the door and walked over to where she lay, climbing into the bed and laying down beside her, he gently ran his fingers across the smooth skin of her bare back. He felt her tense up under them and then he leaned down, kissing her back slowly, sending shiver down her spine. After awhile he stopped and laid back into the pillows as she rolled on her back and leaned her head on his chest.

"Sleep, I'll be here when you wake up." He said and feeling comfortable laying in his arms Sylvanas closed her eyes and fell asleep. Legolas smiled as he watch his love sleep, she was peaceful and he was happy to have her in his life.

"I love you more than anything, more than my own life." He whispered against her hair, kissing the top of head before he too closed his eyes and fell asleep.

Note:

Sorry for the short chapter and delay on posting it. Power went out last night and I had no wifi for several hours. I'll be posting the next one in a few hours. If there is anything you guys would like me to add to this chapter please let me know. 😊 thanks.