Chapter 4: Nightmares

Chapter 4:  Nightmares

After we get a room, I quickly refresh myself by taking a nice warm twenty minute shower. Heaven.

I quickly dress and dry my thick auburn-chocolate brown hair, well, it's somewhat drier than it was. With still damp hair falling round my face, I leave the bathroom and plop on my bed.

"Finally, you took forever, Kara. Any hot water left?" Bucky remarks, heading for the bathroom.

"Ha. Ha. I hope you get a cold shower!" I grumble from my face plant on the bed.

I turn the music on my phone on and dose off.

~Dream~

I am running through the forest. It's sooo cold. Snow covers the ground.

Gunshots ring through the forest and suddenly my side feels like it's on fire.

I keep running trying to escape my pursuers by getting out of the woods to safety.

Strangely, the closer I get to the edge of the forest, the further away I am.

I hear a final gunshot and a figure somewhere ahead of me drops to the ground, still and unmoving.

Something inside me screams in agony, not from the gunshot wound, but from the feeling that a friend has died.

I run even faster to the still figure.

It's Isi.

Bucky appears to my right, running.

"Aurora, you must leave her!" Bucky sprints to me and tries to drag me away from her, tears streaming down his face.

"NO!"

I scream and scream.

A solid wall of light shoots out in every direction, demolishing the forest and keeping everyone away, except Bucky.

But then a final gunshot rings and a crimson hole appears in Bucky's chest.

Maniacal laughter fills my head and a menacing voice hisses, "You cannot save them from their fate, Grace. Or even your own."

A white searing hot pain overwhelms me as I let out a silent scream and fade to nothing.

I leap up and get tangled in the sheets that I am now under? I gasp, trying to breathe. Bucky immediately comes to me.

"Hey, hey, it was just a dream; it's going to be all right. Shhh..." Bucky wraps his arms around me and rocks me back and forth.

My breathing slows and I relax my tense frame.

"I think I'm okay now...it was just a really bad nightmare," I turn and look at him.

"Do you want to talk about it or be distracted?" Bucky asks. His hair is still wet and really messy, kinda like a drenched puppy.

"Let's go with distracted for now," I reply disentangling myself from the sheets. "Did you move me or did I move in my sleep?"

"You looked cold so I moved you," Bucky says as if it was the obvious thing to do.

"Well, thanks," I give him a small smile.

"Wow, I got a smile out of you! I must be one of the luckiest guys in the world," He grins at me and starts tickling me.