chapter 39: Mr Stubborn's Choice

Amara pov

It has been five days since Jungkook's sling and cast were removed, but he still has a bandage wrapped around his body. He's been distant and hard to understand lately. I've tried everything to figure out what's going on in his mind, but he remains stubbornly silent.

I tried to feed him using my hands, but he surprised me by using his left hand instead. Who can use their non-dominant hand so skillfully? He's definitely unique. I've been avoiding his mother to prevent any conflicts because she can be difficult to deal with. I can still feel the sting of the slap she gave me. Poor me.

Right now, the Kim siblings are getting ready for a business party. Jungkook and his father have successfully partnered with Wang's company, and the party is meant to celebrate their new friendship and business collaboration.

Jungkook's father won't be able to attend due to his recent poor health, so his mother decided to accompany him. That means it'll just be the Kim siblings, Jungkook, and me at the party.

I'm currently in my room while Jungkook is out for some work. I'm searching for a suitable dress for the party, but I can't seem to find one. Shopping has always been a struggle for me. I usually end up buying clothes that are too big, and I never think to look for more options.

I walk over to the bed and throw myself onto it, lying on my stomach. Should I tell Jungkook that I can't go because I don't have a dress? Oh, I would embarrass myself. Before I can dwell on it, Jennie bursts into my room, startling me.

She quickly scans the room with her eyes before hopping and skipping over to me, landing beside me on the bed. I sit up, confused by her excitement. "So, what's up, Jennie? You're going to trip and hurt your beautiful nose," I tease. She just rolls her eyes, still grinning.

"Do you know what's inside this?" she asks, playfully raising an eyebrow. Her hands hold a large black box.

I scoff, "I'm not a mind reader, Jennie."

"Oh, come on, open it," she urges, shoving the box onto my lap.

I look at her with confusion, wondering what could be inside. The box nearly covers my lap. I untie the ribbon and open it. My eyes widen as I see a beautiful black dress inside.

I glance at Jennie, and she has the same reaction as me.

"Jungkook sent this for you, Amara. I think it's for the party," she says.

So, Mr. Stubborn wants me to wear this.

I stand up, holding the dress and examining it. It falls to my feet—a long and fitted dress that hugs my body. It has a slit on one leg and off-shoulder sleeves. It's elegant without revealing too much skin.

The party is in the evening, and Jungkook is in his bedroom. The girls convinced me to let them do my makeup in Jennie's room, and I didn't argue.

I wear my hair straight, flowing down to my waist. I go for minimal makeup, except for striking bold red lipstick on my lips.

"I bet Jungkook won't be able to take his eyes off you," Jisoo exclaims, looking at me through the mirror. She's all ready, wearing a stunning blue dress that flatters her figure, with sparkling details that could blind you if you stare for too long. She looks like she belongs in a different world, an enchanting beauty.

With butterflies fluttering in my stomach, we leave the room, ready

to see Jungkook's reaction. My throat feels dry, and a part of me wants to retreat to my safe space.

My dress takes it up a notch, featuring a daring slit that reveals my upper thigh. Jennie insisted on adding a captivating garter belt with delicate strings wrapped around a sleek black band. It's truly stunning.