Chapter One

Song of choice
The Other side - Ruelle

Song of choice The Other side - Ruelle

Third Person Pov

The war was over. Voldemort was gone, she had killed him. From the moment she was born, this is what she was destined for. Whatever this was- it was her fate. She was sure the gods were laughing at how fortunate she turned out to be. She felt like she was living through the punch line of a sickening joke.

Everyone around her was celebrating, reuniting with their family and friends. Evelyn was confused by the sense of Emptiness that began to swallow her whole.

Where does she go now?

She looked around the rubble and dust that once was her home. Hogwarts was the first place she had ever felt safe. Never had she been somewhere that she felt truly safe like her home did. She looked around and saw so much blood, that her breathing picked up. It was chaos.

Why did this have to happen? Her home was destroyed, the one she so deeply adored. Her Mother and Father are dead, having been since the moment she could remember. Uncle Padfoot and Uncle Moony are gone. Cedric was dead. Fred was dead. Her mentor Sevvy was dead, even Dumbledore was dead. Everyone she loved was dead, and it felt as though she died with them. Her chest wanted to explode, it was breaking and she could do nothing to stop it.

No spell, No potion, No Knowledge whatsoever could save her...
The-Girl-Who-Lived was powerless. What a joke. She was weak, it didn't matter now what title she had. The Neverending reminder to be better. What names she was unwillingly given upon becoming an orphan. Punch line after punch line.

She looked and looked for anyone, to come to her.

All Evelyn wanted was a hug. She wanted someone to hold her as she cried, cried, cried, and never stopped.

Her eyes landed on the Weasley Family. George was holding Fred's body not moving. Staring into a void nobody else could see. Ron standing above them not moving with Hermione holding him close to her tightly. Ginny was crying into her mother's shoulder as Molly held her, fighting her breakdown from losing one of her boys. She couldn't cry now, not when her other children were there needing her to be strong for them. It was almost like a rain cloud was over the family. She assumed Arthur was helping the other survivors since she didn't see him. Probably a way he could postpone the inevitable realization of a lost son.

Evelyn wanted her mum to hold her.

She continued looking around her breathing not slowing for a second, her eyes big, full of tears. She Didn't know what she was looking for. She felt a feeling in her chest that was painful. Something worse than heartbreak. Like everything was caving in on her, torturing her until she succumbed to its wrath.

Until a thought came to her.

She reeled back, her body becoming numb as she realized it. A paralyzing feeling started in her toes, to her stomach, then to her chest. She wanted to deny it, but it was true.