Chapter 3

Naruto opened his eyes to recognise the familiar white ceiling of the hospital. He had bandages wrapped around his head and midsection. While sitting up he heard Kurama's voice. 'Kit, welcome back...How do you feel?' 'What day is it?' Naruto asked blankly. 'It's been three days since, well you know,' Kurama responded. Naruto closed his eyes, fighting back the tears that were threatening to escape his eyes. His breathing was ragged. An image of Itachi flashed in his mind with his fiery Sharingan eyes and he clenched his fists, shaking while grinding his teeth.

'I wasn't powerful enough! Why?' he wondered scolding himself. 'Is there even a point in living?' he asked himself. 'Kit, listen,' Kurama started trying to find the right words. 'That female Uchiha cared for you. She gave you some training, love, don't you think giving up now, will honour her memory? When you haven't become Hokage! When you haven't killed that bastard Itachi?'

Naruto was pondering his words when he heard a door opening to see the Third Hokage enter. He took a seat by Naruto's bedside. His face looked even more wrinkled before. "Naruto, how are you my boy?" he asked, concern evident in his voice. Naruto didn't bother looking at the old man, he just continued staring down at his legs with a dull expression on his face. He could never forgive all the information the Third kept from him. Information he deserved to know!

Hiruzen sighed. He knew Mikoto had come in contact with the boy, even training him, and he decided once he didn't upset the power balance among the major shinobi clans then it was alright. He knew Mikoto was a bright light in the boy's life. Now that light was gone.

"I am sorry for your loss Naruto, I truly am, I know how it feels." This made Naruto shift his head to face the aged leader, with deep hatred in his eyes as he spat, "You know nothing!"

Hiruzen felt a pang of guilt in his heart. "Na-," he was about to say but was cut off. "The Kyuubi, did the Fourth really kill it?" Naruto asked. Hiruzen was shocked to say the least, and it was visible on his face. "H-h-h-h-ow?" he stuttered.

"Minato Namikaze, the Yellow Flash, Hero of the Third Great Shinobi War, Apprentice of the Toad Sage Jiraiya and also the Fourth Hokage of Konohagakure, an SS rank shinobi in the bingo books and one of the very few to every achieve this.. His wife being Kushina Uzumaki, also known as the Red Hot Habanero. They had a son didn't they?" Naruto asked, as plainly as possible.

The Hokage's mouth now stood agape. "Wh-what?" "Have you finally gone senile you old fart? I asked if they had a son?" Naruto asked again, impatiently. Hiruzen's mind was now on the fritz. "Take your pills Grandpa and answer the damn question!" Naruto growled.

Hiruzen broke out of his stupor not even caring about the boy's tone and disrespect to his superior. "Y-yes," he replied. "And it was me? Wasn't it?" Naruto asked coolly. Hiruzen's eyes were now bulging out of his sockets. He dumbly nodded. "Where's my inheritance?" Naruto asked.

Hiruzen was still processing everything that was happening. Naruto snapped his fingers in front of the man's face making the old man regain his composure. "I planned to give it to you when you reached a fitting age. And the money was given to aid the village in repairs after the Kyuubi attack."

Naruto's face contorted into rage. "When did you plan on telling me?" he asked barely able to contain his venom. "After you reached a chuunin, or jonin," Hiruzen replied. "And the Kyuubi I would've told you about when you reached a genin. But understand Naruto, I just wanted you to have a normal childhood."

Naruto broke into fits of laughter which was a mistake because his ribs were broken. "May I ask how you know of these things?" Hiruzen asked. "Ms.Mikoto told me everything," he easily lied. Hiruzen caught on with this, but didn't press the matter. It wasn't the right time.