Chapter One

Naweya, a young Metkayina girl, was swimming around in the sea, looking at all the creatures that lived in such a beautiful place. She was so fascinated by the Gilder Fins that she didn't notice the horns that were blasting throughout the clan, alerting the arrival of unknown people. Tsireya, her sister and best friend, shook her shoulder to get her out of the trance.

"Naweya, someone has arrived!" She signed, the special language used to communicate under water. Naweya quickly apologized and started swimming to the shore, where a family of Forest Na'vi stood. She has never seen forest Na'vi before, she was amazed and confused by their small tails.

Ao'nung and Roxto came out from the crowd; her adoptive brother and his friend stalked around the family. Two of the boys from the family, assuming they were brothers, greeted Ao'nung and Roxto, but were rudely ignored.

Roxto nudged Ao'nungs shoulder and pointed to the blue Na'vi's tail. "Look, what is that? Is that supposed to be a tail?" Roxto laughed. Naweya hated how rude Roxto can be sometimes.

When Naweya emerged from the water beside Tsireya, she noticed that one of the Forest boys was looking directly at her. Ao'nung and Roxto were still making jokes about the tails, Naweya and Tsireya went up to them. "Do not, Roxto and Ao'nung!" Tsireya slapped Ao'nung on his shoulder. Ao'nung backed off, rolling his eyes at his sister.

"They are not of the water clan, but rather the forest, so obviously they aren't gonna have swimming tails," Naweya stated, annoyed at their antics. She turned to face the family when the young forest boy greeted her. "Hey," he nodded, a slight smirk on his face. Heat rose to her face as she smiled back and greeted him back.

Everyone turned to the sight of her father, Tonowari, Olo'eyktan, and fellow warriors returning from sea on their Skimings. They ducked as they flew over their heads, splashing water everywhere.

Tonowari landed in the shallow area of the shore, raising his spear. He approached the older member of the family. "Olo'eyktan" He said while raising his fingers to his head, then letting it fall. "I see you, Tonowari." The other repeated the action in greetings. "Jake Sully." 

Naweya was in shock. She had heard stories of the great Toruk Makto. He is a warrior and savior to the Na'vi people, fighting against the sky people in victory. The rest of Jake Sully's family greeted Tonowari as he walked around. 

Naweya knew her father was going to be accepting of them, that's just how he is. She looked towards Ao'nung, worry glazing her eyes. Ao'nung raised an eyebrow, confused. "Mother won't be as friendly," She whispered to him. "Who cares," Rolling his eyes he looked back to see mother walking from behind Tonowari. She was also heavily pregnant, with her third child.

She gracefully approached Jake with a hard look. "I see you, Ronal. Tsahik of the Metkayina," Jake greeted. She takes her place besides Tonowari. "Why do you come to us, Jake Sully?" He questioned, spreading his arms. Jake glanced at his kids. "We seek Uturu," murmurs started amongst the clan. Naweya's eyes widened in shock. She looked to Tsireya, who was also just as shocked and confused as she was.

"Uturu?" mother questioned with bitterness in her voice. "A sanctuary for my family," Jake stepped forward in desperation. Ronal ignored him and turned to walk around the family. "We are reef people. You are forest people. Your skills will mean nothing here." Tonowari states.

"So we will learn your ways, right?" Naweya sighed. She felt bad for the family but could not blame her father for his response. Ronal went around to Jake's mate, Neytiri, grabbing at her tail. Neytiri whipped her tail back out of her grasp. She went to the youngest child, grabbing at her arm. "Their arms are thin." She runs into Jake's hip, as he holds her against him. Naweya watched her mother inspect the family. "Their tails are weak." grabbing now onto the older girl's tail. "You will be slow in the water." The girl grabs back her tail in pain as Ronal backs off slightly.