Blood

Trigger Warning: This chapter and the couple of others I have planned (which will all be titled Blood so you can avoid them if you'd like) contain things such as knife-play and blood-play.  If that's not your thing, please do not read

 "You're so fucking over-dramatic. It's not that bad," Dabi groaned, sliding a hand down his face in annoyance. He'd been out for the past few days with the League, doing who knows what, but when he stepped through the door, Keigo wasn't putting up with his shit.

"Not that bad?!" the blond squawked. His feathers raced to his nose and mine, covering us from the stench. "You smell like a corpse that got drug through a sewer! How does that even happen? Like, what could you have possibly been doing to smell like this?"

"Probably dragging a corpse through a sewer," I muttered to myself with a small smirk.

Dabi side-eyed me - I wasn't exactly wrong, but plausible deniability can be a wonderful thing in the long run. The villain removed his coat, throwing it on the entryway table. Keigo's eyes became saucers as his feathers quickly scooped up the coat and whisked it away. "I don't fucking think so. You are not getting this smell all over the house. Go take a fucking shower."

Dabi's head fell backwards as he stared up at the ceiling. "You're insufferable. I don't smell anything."

"You're nose-blind, or you finally burned your nasal cavities so you can't smell it," Keigo huffed. "I don't know what Shigaraki has you doing, but if it makes you smell like this..."

"Don't you worry about what Shiggy and I get up to."

The feather fell from the hero's face as his jaw dropped. "Shiggy? SHIGGY?! Oh so we have nicknames now, do we?"

Dabi smirked as an evil glint sparkled in his eye. "Jealous?" He stepped closer to the blond. "Do you need a nickname too? Bird brain? Oversized chicken? KFC? Or maybe just chicken nugget since you wanna act like a child."

I have never seen Keigo's composure drop so fucking fast. His face turned scarlet. "How about I give YOU one?! Bacon bits? Reanimated zombie?!"

My brow furrowed. "Reanimated?"

"Like a zombie that died, then got brought back to life, and smells even fucking worse!" Keigo shouted. "I should douse you in formaldehyde if you're gonna smell like a corpse!"

"Alright! That's enough!" The feather fell from my face as I grabbed Dabi's hand and pulled him towards the bathroom. "Just take a fucking shower. It's not the end of the world and it'll make him shut the fuck up before you two destroy the house...again."

He dragged his feet the entire way to the bathroom. Once inside, he stood in front of the mirror, a tense expression on his face that confused me. Dabi knows how he smells regularly, and it's not exactly pleasant thanks to his quirk burning parts of his body, but he's found ways to help cover it and make it less noticeable. He's been all about showering and smelling nice since staying with us, so for him to fight either Keigo or myself on hopping in the shower just seems...off.

I closed the door and slipped between him and the mirror. "Need some help?" I winked. His gaze was distant, like he was beginning to spiral. My index finger gently brushed his arm. "Hey," I murmured. "Where did you go?"

Dabi closed his eyes for a moment, breathing deeply before removing his shirt. Holy shit...his scars have spread. Tears sprung to my eyes as I took in the damage his quirk had done. "What...?"

"Before you ask," he interrupted, "yes, part of the smell is me...but I may or may not have carried a lifeless thing through some underground tunnels, which made it drastically worse."