* Chapter 31 *

XXXI. • °

I scrolled through the channels on the TV, I watched as they quickly passed, and as they did my eyes grew tired. I was trying to distract myself by waiting for Tessa and Nadia to get up even though it was hitting late afternoon. They stayed up as they always did but it was much later last night and it was torture.

I had no time to be in my thoughts because Nadia always lightens the mood, and I was grateful for that and for both of them. Tessa was so worried about her tv show that she paid us no mind and it didn't bother me.

For whatever reason I guess since Doria is on her business trip, Nadia wanted to sleep downstairs. I guess she intended on making it a movie night but that ended quickly when Tessa found out another season of Bridgerton was out.

She and Nadia bickered for a bit because Nadia told her it had been out and that she was not a true fan of the show. This went on for a while before Nadia gave up and let her watch it.

She talked to me about Issac for a while, luckily Tessa was distracted because she cringes at the thought of Issac.

The same way me and Nadia did for Matt, but I just decided to let it go. My anger for Matt meant nothing. If Tessa enjoyed him or his company even though he is a shitty person...there was nothing me and Nadia could say or do.

While Nadia talked to me about Issac I zoned in and out, I was paying attention...I was listening to her. However, no matter how hard I tried to focus on her, Silas just kept popping up in my head. Everything he told me yesterday, about his sister, partly about his parents...it stuck with me.

He was starting to get comfortable with me or maybe he was already there. I could tell he wanted to open up to me but I couldn't help but wonder why? and why now? Maybe he felt obligated to because of what happened to me or maybe he wanted to connect with me.

Whatever the reason was...I had to try to ignore it. My feelings for him were crystal clear but my well-being for him outweighed that, I had nothing to offer him, I had nothing to offer anyone but disappointment.

My thoughts were interrupted by the groaning coming from Tessa, I looked over at her and how she was lying looked very uncomfortable. Her hair was all over the place and half of her body was hanging off the couch.

I looked down at the floor, on the corner of the couch, and saw vodka. I don't even remember her drinking last night. That's when I realized I was in my head the whole time because when Tessa drinks, it's hard to ignore.

As I began to look for my phone I heard knocking at the door, I looked over at the door in confusion. I didn't know if Nadia or Tess was expecting anyone so I had no idea who could be knocking on the door right now. I got out from under the blanket and headed toward the door.

Usually, when someone was at the door it would be a silhouette, but I saw nothing. As I peeked my head out partially and looked around I saw nobody. I was convinced I was hearing things so I closed the door and was on my way back to the couch when I heard another knock.

I stopped in my tracks and looked back slightly at the door. As I approached the door again my hand sat on the door knob before turning it and opening the door. Standing there was no one, and the hairs on my neck started to stand up.

I began to freak out when my heart started to speed up, as I went to close the door again, the big bush in front of me moved. I stared at it, and it moved again.

I knew for a fact Nadia didn't have any animals so I was confused at what it was. I stepped outside and got closer to the bush, as I did something jumped out and I let out a blood-curdling scream and I ended up on the ground back first.