* Chapter 39 *

XXXIX. • °

I opened my eyes seeing the white wall in front of me, the rumbling sound of the air conditioning ran through my left ear as it circulated throughout the room. I moved gently onto my back, and slowly lifted my head up seeing the dimness of the room.

I felt warmth on the bottom of my stomach as the blanket wrapped around me, as I looked down I saw Silas's nicely structured arm weighing down on my stomach holding me closely. I took my hand from my side and began to run my fingers across it, right below his tattoo, caressing him softly causing me to look over at him. He lay there asleep, I watched as he breathed in and out peacefully.

He looked so handsome and he was so pleasing to look at that it brought a smile across my face. His flowy black hair that had fallen and rested above his right eyebrow, and his chiseled jawline that I could trace my hands across when I kissed him.

And then the slight glimpse of his body, down to his torso that was visible despite the blanket covering the bottom of him.

Butterflies started to flow through me and as it did, last night came rushing in like a stream of water, making me remember every detail. Every touch, every stifled breath, and every feeling of ecstasy that we both had held back from before that was released.

He kissed me so many times and held me tightly as if he was scared of letting me go, scared of losing the moment that he had yearned for, that we had yearned for. For me to be engulfed tightly in his arms. I felt every bit of it, and every bit of him.

He slowly began to bat his eyes, revealing those beautiful brown eyes of his. He brought his hand up rubbing them slowly, before letting off a smile as he saw me there. He brought his hand up to me and moved my hair away from my face with his finger, he brought me in closer planting a kiss on my forehead. "Good morning," He spoke out his voice low and husk.

"Good morning, "I say softly.

"How did you sleep beautiful?"

Hearing him say that sent shivers down my spine, I never realized before that there could be something so much more enticing than my name.  I know he had said it before but this time felt different, maybe because I actually felt that way."I slept really well, and I think I slept through the whole night. I don't even...remember falling asleep actually."

"That's good, I'm glad you slept well."

I smiled, "How did you sleep?"

He looked at me with a glistening in his eyes, "I slept the best and...I haven't slept like that in a long time."

"Really?"

"Yes," He nodded slowly.

"What was different this time?"I ask him turning over on my side to face him completely already knowing the answer.

"You, having you here with me it was like...a dream. I mean I would have still thought this wasn't real if I didn't see your beautiful smile this morning." He said caressing my cheek softly. "Or if I couldn't touch you."

My eyes met his again feeling that same fluttering sensation that I always felt when around him, my cheeks grew hot and I could already tell I was blushing, "Silas, I'm sorry that...it took me so long to find the strength to tell you how-"

"Don't apologize, I'm glad I waited and I would do it over and over again without a doubt."

"Really?"

"I would." He reassured, "And every single time, it would be worth it."

I felt so calm and warm in his presence, how could I have ever doubted him before when he told me how he felt? Fear was something I knew all too well, but I felt in my heart when I was staying at his house after the incident that he would be the one that brought me calmness throughout the storm and I would do the same for him, I swear it.