𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

MARISSA HAD VERY MIXED OPINIONS ON SENSEI KRESSE BUT WHEN HE PULLED HER OUT OF TODAY'S LESSON, THEY GREW EXPONENTIALLY

Marissa had been actively sparring with Miguel, repeatedly attacking his lower body to force to him rely on his upper body. Johnny's lesson for today was relying on what is available to use and not what is attractive to use. It had been the first lesson Marissa excelled at. Naturally, being a dancer, it was easy for Marissa to only use her a certain part of her body at a time. It's what made her great.

"Sensi Lawrence?" Kresse called out from his strange post in the corner. "May I borrow Ms. Van Camp for a moment?"

Johnny looked at Marissa with a puzzled look to rival her own. He shrugged, "Make it quick. She's making progress."

Marissa smiled happily for a brief moment before following Kresse back to the work out room which had previously been full of miscellaneous items. She stood over by the punching bag with her hands at her side as she bowed in respect.

"At ease, soldier." Kresse rested his hands in the loops of his black belt.

"What is it you wanted to see me about, Sensei?"

"I think you know," he replied rather ominously which he had a tendency of doing. At Marissa's lack of response and blatant confusion, he stated, "The fight? At the mall yesterday?"

Marissa blanched at the reminder of what almost happened yesterday. "What about it?"

"It was brought to my attention by a concerned party that you didn't fight with your unit." Kresses' vocabulary seeped into Marissa's brain easily reminding of his military background.

She sighed shortly, "Let me guess. The 'concerned party' was Hawk and his minions?" Kresse had a horrible poker face that gave Marissa her answer. "Look, I don't know what he told you but he was going to pummel our friend for a stupid Yelp review about the dojo."

"A stupid review?" He questioned in disbelief. "He discredited everything Cobra Kai is about. Hawk felt the need to protect what was important to him." He took a small step closer. "I except the same for all the students."

"I just didn't want to hurt my friend. He's been this defenseless kid since I've known him and my mother always said don't pick on anyone you know you can beat." This is the first time Marissa had been openly expressive in the dojo, and with Kresse, about her life and principles.

"Why do you think your mother told you that?"

"Because she wanted to raise me to stick for people who need it."

"And what about you?" Marissa stilled at his bluntness. "Have you needed someone to stick up for you because you were too young or didn't understand?"

Her eyebrows met in confusion. His tone hinted that he knew something about her past in Chicago. No one knew all that went down between Alana and Ethan let alone the effect it had Marissa. Rachel was too young to have a clue about what was happening but that was only because Marissa made sure of it. Anytime their parents were arguing or Alana had drank a bit too much and would spend the night crying on the couch, Marissa held Rachel's hand and told her stories of a girl in a castle who was strong and brave as she ruled her kingdom.