My New Friend

When Maihime arrived at the Black Room, she wasn't that surprised to see unengaged dancers awaiting the arrival of their escort. No one talked, just silently assessed their fellow dancers, basically judging the book by their covers. Maihime could recall multiple moments of uncomfort when some piercingly tired gazes looked through her soul. Obviously she not only was competition, but looked like some too. Maihime sighed every time. 

   She had already texted the Kasamatsu family, told them not to worry about her whereabouts before giving a thorough explanation of where exactly she was heading off too. Not surprisingly the answer was yet to be read, seeing as it was 5 in the morning. After their rather stiff looking escort showed up, Maihime had to gasp at the next events. 

A limo. A Shiny black automobile for those of the high pedestals. Maihime actually had to have another dancer pull her towards the limo because she started to walk away from it, thinking it would be like on the movies. A limo would be there, but it wasn't waiting for the main character. But it was very different. The limousine was there, and it was waiting for her. It was almost too much to bare.

  Around 6, when the dancers had arrived at the airport, Maihime received some texts from her former dance classmates. All had a good text message, except Chiyo. Who sent a jolly 'Hope you break a leg.' Maihime knew it was in good fun though. The two had gotten rather close after the incident with Kasamatsu and the date. 

The plane ride was rather plane. Maihime ignored some food because she was attempting to catch a few hours of sleep. Truthfully, she didn't understand why they needed a plane. At first. But driving from one region to another took 1 day on car, two whole regions would be 2 days that they could not afford. Not literally of course. Show Stoppers was bloody rich.

    She didn't remember how long the plane ride was. But she was asleep during it. Considering they had to stay together the entire time, the dancers were the last passengers on the plane. Talk about embarrassing. The dancers were a lot more lively in the car now that they had managed to get in some winks of sleep. The other limo was bustling with squealing girls, and even that token boy in the car who looked terrified when some of the most...outgoing dancers advanced. 

But everything was hushed once everyone had introduced themselves. 

  Everyone but Maihime.

The atmosphere grew tense and it annoyed Maihime. Look at them, she thought, hating me without even speaking a word to me. How immature can you get?

"What's your name, hot stuff?" Althought it was techinically a compliment, the red head's voice was so sweet it was absolutely terrifiyng. To someone who didn't spend their lives with the Kasamatsu family at least. Aunt Sakura had a killer menance about her when she wanted to.

 Maihime smiled anyway. Maybe her logic was a little misguided. "Maihime." One peculiar dancer scoffed. Of course. Maihime's name was basically 'dancing girl'. She could've got picked just because of that.

"Maihime eh?"  Maihime nodded blankly. "I knew you looked familiar. That girl who follows Kise-sama everywhere." That's right. He had a website dedicated to him. A website Maihime seemed to visit a lot. Maihime had to sigh, they just had to be Kise's biggest fans. 

Or most jealous.

Not much of a difference.

   "I'll tell you know, Princess. If you text one word to Kise-sama, I'll make sure you can't contact him ever again." Maihime assumed that little prep was used to being listened to because when she scoffed, she hadn't seen such a face of shock and anger before.