4

Obsession.

A strong attraction for something or someone that leads one to continuously think of them, cling on to them, possess them.

Obsession is negative as it certifies that one has developed such a disturbing preoccupation over something, often unreasonably.

My attraction towards Count Dracula may or may not be an obsession. My days and nights were filled with the manly pictorial, my doppelganger of some sorts, or a family, possibly my father. I reasoned my attraction as a craving for a father figure in my later life.

But for Kim Taehyung, I'm quite sure it was an obsession. He would mostly speak to me only about the Grand Count. His likes, his dislikes- all revolved around that person, my father. How much troubling it may seem to others, I found it to be a blessing. A door to the world of my freedom. He knew far more about the Count than I ever managed to find.

He knew the Count was a vampire, a blood-sucker in plain words. Unlike the folklore, he doesn't fear garlic or sunlight. He doesn't turn into bats. Just walks about with power and dominance, alone wherever he stays. Not even shadows and reflections are allowed to imitate him and stay by his side. An all too invincible character, that had been feared for centuries and more, rightfully so.

Taehyung once told me about the downfall of the Count too. The tragedy came in the form of a lover. The human who's veins weren't sucked empty, but their lips were kissed swollen. The human who didn't share the mournful fate with the others who died painfully, but shared the bed of love with Count Rumford himself. The human who lived and loved the Count, until the very last breathe, when some villagers murdered the lover, unbeknownst by the Count.

And they say, that called the end of the Wrath of Count Dracula.

I don't recall what really made my heart shift, the sadness of the Count who lost his love or the mere fact that he had a lover to start with.

And it hit me then, I don't like the thought of having a mother, another being who shared ties with my possible father.