Truthfully speaking, Count Rumford was a blood-sucker, like they said in the legends.

He had lured men, women, children and more into his turf, made them submit to him and abide by his whims, before he  decided that they were unentertaining. Therefore, by the end of each unfortunate encounters, the victims were bled dry.

Count Rumford was a blood-sucker, but so were a lot others. Those were the days of utter darkness, those were the days of vampires and their brutality.

But the count was a step ahead of his kind. He was a royal born, a possessor of blue-blood. And even though he was a living-dead, the empire and its monarch stayed on their knees before him.

Centuries passed like this, but Count Rumford stayed where he belonged to, within the walls his fort in Transylvania. He went on hunt whenever and wherever, only to return to his solitude at dawn.

Things were supposed to be like that, slow, melancholic and sanguine, until there arrived a beautiful woman in the story.

She was a lady like no other. She was the walking embodiment of grace and wit, an epitome of loveliness and kindness. She had cherry-red lips, moonlight-clear skin and coffee-brown eyes-- all charming like they wrote in the poems.

She was quite easy to love. So when she walked into the Count's life through the grand door of his fort and decided to stay, the man of the house fell in love with her.

And surprisingly, so did she, with him.

They loved and loved, until their hearts could no more. They loved through their words, their stares and their touches-- each burning hot and soothing cool.

It was then, the Count himself, had stabbed a silver blade through her heart. And set his own fort in fire to destroy everything she was.

"Why?" I had asked Taehyung at this point of the tale, "Why would he kill his own lover?"

"Because," Taehyung had breathed against my nape as we stood at the edge of the moss-carpeted roof, "he was dead. He couldn't afford emotions, be it as trifle as love."

"You think love is trifle?" With the question asked, I could only feel the heart beating faster within the chest I stood against.

Taehyung hadn't bothered to answer. Impatiently, he started to fill me in more with what he knew, as if he was afraid he wouldn't be able to tell me everything before the sun had risen.

Taehyung had told me, about the final desire of the Count. The desire to live. He was tired of being dead. So when he came across his lover and saw the vigour she carried with her, he couldn't but stop her beating heart.

It wasn't just jealousy on Rumford's part.

The count had to do it- to complete his ritual of receiving half of mortality. He offered his love as a sacrifice to Satan, as well as his immunity to silver, the metal he sinned with.

Taehyung had paused and kissed my hairline at that point. It wasn't a reassuring touch, not even remotely close to it. I felt caged within his arms, a dormant thought bubbling up.He had continued, with a smirk pressed against my sweaty nape.

Count Rumford was bestowed with the half of mortality he craved for. He became invincible, a greater being of his kind. He could suck souls and blood, as well as render the curse of being a living-dead to the ones he wished to. It was a gift from Satan, as only the Master of Hell could choose his batmen before.

Over the years, the once Count Rumford became Count Dracula: A name feared by all, rightfully so. Even when the blessing of mortality turned into a curse for the greatest vampire of all, Count Dracula remained to be a legend.

"And I want to be ambitious like him," Taehyung had declared, "I wish to be great, to be sinister, to be immortal."

He had then flipped me to face him and cupped my double chins with his big hands. I had seen the unending caves in his pupils, dark with madness. I had seen the blood in his lips, rotten with impatience. Then I had seen his feet stepping forward, pushing me towards my edge of sanity.

"Count Dracula," he had named solemnly, "I have to be like Count Dracula."

I had searched through those cryptic words and had seen my doom written in them.

He had leant down to murmur against the shell of my ear, "I love you, Adora. I really do. Even more than I ever loved my own family."

The unsaid, But not more than the Count, had lingered in the air.

I had felt his hands travelling from my chins to my neck and down on my shoulders. As his grips had tightened, his eyes flickered indecisively. He had been at the moment of his truth, only one push away from his dream.

But the trifle love within him had made his resolve go weak.

The second passed, before his determination had come back. He hadn't pushed me down just then, like he should have.

Perhaps he wanted to kiss me for the last time, before he was stuck between mortality and immortality. Maybe he really did love me, and thus tried to savour my last bits a little more.

But I never loved him.

So it hadn't been hard for me to change our places, and with a swift, harsh push, throw him off the unfinished roof.

I had watched him helplessly grabbing for the air in his seventy-feet long fall. On his way to death, his eyes stared at me, enraged and broken. Before long, he was just a limp body resting on the bushes of blood-red leaves.

I had murdered Kim Taehyung.