The Meeting (AKA the Party)

Hi, people! Ummmm I don't have much to say about this chapter. Enjoy!

Jason's POV

Jason sat at Leo's table, listening to Leo talk while he listened unattentivly. Leo was a new friend of his, they'd only been friends for a few months, but they had really clicked together.

Leo was talking about how he found out he loves tacos so much -something about how he yelled it to the whole school- when the doorbell rang.

"Finally!" Leo exclaimed, going to get the door. When Leo opened the door, Jason heard him exclaim "JESUS, dude!" and then Leo and another boy with black hair, tan skin, and the most sea-green eyes Jason had ever seen came in carrying a giant box between them- it was the size of half a bed!

"Do you guys need some help with that?" Jason asked, getting up and taking a step forward.

"Nah, Percy's strong," Leo said. Jason looked over to the other boy, Percy, and couldn't help staring at his strong arm muscles and abs.

He probably has strong leg muscles, too, Jason thought to himself, but Jason forced himself not to look.

Once Leo and Percy got Leo's present leaning against the wall, Leo turned to Jason.

"Jason, this is Percy," Jason and Percy shook hands, and Percy gave Jason a dazzling smile "...and Percy this is Jason."

"Nice to meet you, Jason," Percy said, giving him another smile, and Jason returned it.

"Hazel, Piper, get over here! I want you to meet Percy!"

The two girls came over and they introduced themselves, and then chatted with Percy for a minute before having a seat at the table.

"Sorry, guys, I don't have any cake, but-." Leo began, but Percy cut him off by saying "I brought some. It's still in my car, I'll be right back. Better get it before it melts!" He said, getting up and walking out the door.

As soon as Percy was out the door Leo turned to Jason and hissed, "Dude! You gotta stop staring at Percy." As he said it, Jason's face went bright red. Both the girls were nodding in the background. "You were looking him up and down, it's obvious as heck you have the beginnings of a crush on him!"

"I...I-I..." but Jason couldn't find the right words to justify himself. Leo rolled his eyes. "Are you gonna make a move?" Jason stared at him, startled. He'd barely known Percy for 35 seconds, and Leo was asking Jason if he was going to make a move.

"No, I-" Jason started, but he couldn't finish because Percy walked in, carrying a big cooler and a box.

"Jeez!" Leo exclaimed, "How much did you bring?"

"Just this," Percy said, putting the cooler and the box on the table. "Dig in. Do you have plates?" Leo gestured to a nearby cabinet, before he and Piper lunged for the cooler, while Jason and Hazel waited patiently for them to be done. After Piper and Leo finished fighting and wrestling and acting like rabid animals to get what they wanted, Hazel, Percy, and Jason all went forward to get what they wanted. There were sodas and juices in the cooler.

Jason grabbed a soda, a Diet Pepsi, from the cooler. Percy got up and went to Leo's cabinet, set the plates next to the box, and then headed to Leo's freezer. Leo tried to say, "Don't go in there!", but his mouth was so full of cake because he was shoving it in his face like a rabid animal that all that came out was: "Mon't ho hin hair!"

Percy rolled his eyes. "Calm down, Leo, I've seen the mess in here a thousand times."

Percy opened the freezer, and stuff just came tumbling out. Percy raised his eyebrows at Leo, but Leo just shrugged.

"Seriously, Leo?" Percy sighed. He searched through all the stuff on the floor until he came across some unopened ice cream.

After Percy had put the ice cream on the table and placed some spoons out next to the container, he went back to put everything that had fallen out of the freezer back in. When Percy was almost done putting everything away, suddenly his foot slipped on some stray melting ice on the floor, and his foot shot out from under him.

Thinking fast, Jason lunged from his chair and caught Percy under the arms before he hit the ground. And then, Jason just kinda stood there.

"Um." Percy said, sounding awkward "Can you let me up, please?"

"Oh, yes, of course!" Jason said as he helped Percy up.

"Thanks for grabbing me." Percy nodded at Jason.

"Of course, anytime," Jason responded.

(edited and revised)