I'm fine...

Percy's POV

Beep. Beep. Beep. Beep.

Ugh... Jason...

Where the hell am I?

Opening his eyes, Percy could see that people were rushing around him, and he was on a stretcher-thing. Being carried somewhere. His vision was blurry, but he could see the people's mouths moving, they seemed to be paramedics, but everything they said sounded as if they were speaking gibberish through hard-packed foam.

Fuck... It happened again.

Before Percy could even think or do anything else, he lost consciousness again.

Jason's POV

As Jason watched Percy getting carried away, he picked up his phone without looking at it. He didn't begin to type until Percy was getting driven away in the ambulance, the sounds of the sirens slowly fading away behind him.

Jason: Hey... you available? It's an emergency.

******: Kinda in the middle of something... But what do you need?

Jason: For your sake, I'll get straight to the point.

******: Haha. That's a funny joke. You've never been straight. Sorry, continue.

Jason: Wow. Anyway. A... friend of mine has had a medical emergency, and I can't see him... because I'm in school. Mind getting me out? And getting me to the hospital?

******: Why don't you just leave? I did that plenty, back when I was in school.

Jason: Oh, don't act like that was so long ago. But, I'm not just going to walk out.

******: Is this a favor? Do I get to call an IOU later?

Jason: ...Sure.

******: Alright, I'll be there... in an hour or more. I get you don't want Mom in any of this. Just go with whatever I say.

Jason: Okay, thank you so much. I swear I'll make it up to you, somehow.

******: Seriously, I gotta go. But... just think of it as one sibling helping out the other. Just like you did for me.

Jason chuckled softly and shook his head, putting his phone away. He knew that even if he responded, Thalia wouldn't do the same. He quickly deleted her number, before thinking that, knowing her, she would probably get a new one, anyway. He sighed, thinking of the days when they used to live together... Which brought back the memory of the day she had left.

~Flashback~

Jason was in his room, trying to focus on his homework... with all the screaming downstairs, it was becoming increasingly harder. He felt like he wanted to scream like his parents were doing. But, Jason was used to it, so he simply shut his door and ignored it.

He heard the front door creak open downstairs, and Jason guessed that was Thalia coming home from a late-night party, or hanging out with her friends. The screaming became louder as she joined. Jason covered his ears and took deep breaths, counting to ten in his head. Suddenly, someone "stomp, stomp, stomped" up the stairs, and he heard Thalia's door, which was next to his, slam shut. Since they shared a wall, he heard as she opened her closet door and began to go through her stuff, finally stopping with a "bang," and pulling something out.

"What is she doing?" Jason thought to himself. He felt concerned, so he went over to check on her. He found her with her earbuds in, casually humming to a song from Ausgang, while packing a bag.

"T-Thalia? Are you going on an overnight trip to a friend's house?" Jason asked, suddenly feeling scared.

Thalia turned to him with an expression on her face that was screaming 'I'm sorry'. "No, Jason... I, I'm leaving. I can't... I can't stay here anymore. It's too much. With Mom and Dad like this all the time now, I feel like I'll die if I stay here any longer."

"B-But what about me? I have to stay here... are you just going to leave me, Thalia? I need you... Please, please don't go!" Jason cried, sobbing as he realized what was happening.

No, no... Thalia couldn't leave him!

Thalia set her bag down and engulfed him in a hug. "Jason... I've already made plans. I have some friends that will hook me up with some people I can stay with... and then there's someone I'm looking for, too."

"But what about me!? What if I never see you again!" Jason demanded again, wishing with all his heart this wasn't happening.

"Hm... I'll make you a deal. Once I get settled into... wherever I'm going... I'll find you, okay? And then I'll give you a way to contact me. But, right now, if I keep my phone with me, they'll track me. But, I promise I will find you again. I promise."

Not five minutes later, Thalia was gone. With Jason's parents still screaming behind him, he watched her run down their driveway and into the night. Away from this hell house, and their parents that sometimes forgot their names. Away from this place that also harbored such good memories from when they were younger. Sometimes, it was hard to remember the good days. Because it makes you wish that it was like that now.

As Thalia became no longer visible, Jason almost wished that he had gone with her. Almost.

~end of Flashback~

Thalia had kept her promise, coming to find Jason two and a half years later. Now, she was in a gang called the Huntresses, an all-female group. Jason wasn't completely sure what they did... But Jason knew, from the vague details that Thalia had told him, that it was like a company, with multiple branches. The Boss, Leader, whatever you want to call her, her name's Artemis (Whenever they occasionally meet up, Jason has heard Thalia ranting about another company, apparently all male, led by a man named Apollo, Artemis's supposed rival). The branch that Thalia is on is led by a girl named Zoe.

It was all very interesting, but he was happy for Thalia as long as she was happy. And she seemed pretty fucking happy.

Well, at least one of us has found our solace.

Jason sighed and turned to head to his next period.