fifteen

"I'm sorry about inconveniencing you like this, Jisung..."

Jisung just laughed, shaking his head. "It's all good — Hanni and I haven't hung out yet, so I'm okay with it."

"But still," Minho sighed, "you probably would've wanted to be with that Hyunjin guy..."

Jisung fell silent, and Hanni shot a quick look at Minho. The oldest ignored her, causing Hanni to quickly clear her throat to catch their attention. "So — Jisung-ssi — how did your date with your friend go? Minho said that you stayed over at his house because you didn't come over for dinner last night."

A clear blush spread over Jisung's cheeks, clearing his throat in what seemed to be some sort of embarrassment. "No, Hyunjin and I... agreed to be friends. I liked him a lot in high school, but... maybe it was just a high school crush. Besides, I'm sure Minho hyung missed me."

"He did," Hanni said quickly. "He wouldn't stop complaining! 'When will Jisung return?'. 'My bed is so cold without him' — it was getting ann—"

Minho quickly covered Hanni's mouth with his hand, whispering something maliciously into her ear before showing a sweet smile to Jisung. "Don't listen to her, Jisung."

Hanni pouted as she pushed Minho away. "You won't do it."

"I will."

"No, you won't."

"No friends over anymore."

"Wha—?! Jisung, talk to Minho! He's being mean!" Hanni exclaimed as she moved to stand on the far end so that Jisung and Minho stood beside one another. "He gets crazy when you're not around. He's about to get crazier when he moves out."

Jisung's smile fell slightly as he finally met Minho's eyes. "You're moving out...?"

Minho paused, almost holding his breath as he nodded. "Y-yeah. Soojin offered me an apartment three floors up because a mom of three wanted an apartment on the lower floors. I said I'd think about it, but... I think a second room would be nice, to be honest."

Jisung stopped for a second, a playful pout on his lips. "Aw — we won't be neighbours anymore."

"Well... why don't you move in together?" Hanni suggested, earning confused looks from the adults. "You know... you two can share a room and I can have my own room. I'm sure you two wouldn't mind sharing the same bed."

"That's not the point," Jisung said as he raised an eyebrow. "I mean... I've practically moved in with him, but that's only because I live next door. It'll be difficult to pick up some milk when he's three floors away..."

"I haven't responded to Soojin yet," Minho told him, "so you don't have to worry. The second room is awfully convenient, though, because Hanni likes to sleep over. It's tempting, unfortunately."

"Move in together."

Minho glared at Hanni, but she wasn't fazed and just stuck her tongue out at him. Eventually, the trio arrived at the PC room, and they stopped just outside to say their goodbyes. "I'll be off — two hours, right?"

"Two hours," Hanni confirmed. "I'm meeting with Bahiyyih after this at a cafe, so don't worry about me. You can just come pick up Jisung again, and you two can hang out."

Minho hesitantly nodded, glancing at Jisung to make sure he was okay with it. Once again, with wordless speaking, the two were able to communicate effortlessly. Jisung and Hanni bowed at Minho, and the oldest waved his hand as he waved his hand. As they separated, Minho took out his phone and began dialling a number.

"Hi, Soojin. I'll be there in ten minutes. Do you have the contract?"

"Thank you so much, Minho. You're a lifesaver."

Minho hummed as he put his signature at the bottom of the page and pushed it towards Soojin. "Not a problem. I'll start packing tomorrow, if that's okay. I'll be upstairs in the next two days, I suppose. I have to change my address too. I'll handle the rest of the legal business, I suppose."

"I'll call Mr and Mrs Choi later so that they can sign as well — but while I'm here, we can talk," Soojin smiled as she took the contract and put it in a folder. "Seems that you and younger Mister Han Jisung-ssi have gotten closer. He seems to be your favourite neighbour."

"What, have you been hanging around?" Minho asked with a chuckle as he lifted his drink to his lips. "Yeah, Jisung and I are close. Is something the matter, though?"

"I'm surprised he hasn't told you anything," Soojin hummed. "Jisung isn't particularly close with anyone on the floor, so it was quite a pleasant surprise to see him finally make a friend. To be fair, Jisung... was shunned."

Minho froze, staring at Soojin in shock. "Shunned? Why?"

"Around last year, there was this old man living on the floor. He was a grumpy old man, and he kicked the bucket around December last year. Oh, he was a horrible old man. Honestly, it's a good riddance. He... spread horrible rumours about Jisung and even outed him to the entire floor. We later found out that the old man was his uncle and was awfully homophobic. Poor kid — his reputation was ruined, and he became a shut-in after the old man died."

"Jisung never told me that..."

"Shattered trust issues are difficult to fix," Soojin hummed. "But thank you, Minho — for being his friend. He needed it. If an apartment opens up upstairs, I'll make sure he ends up close by, okay? Floor 3 isn't for him."

Minho fell silent for a moment. "Hm. Anyways... thanks for your help, Soojin. Oh — speaking of Jisung... he might be changing his address, too."

"Oh? Is that so? Is he leaving?"

"No — he might be coming upstairs with me."