sixteen

Two hours passed faster than Minho expected after burning time away at the gym, and he found himself waiting outside the PC room. Soon enough, Jisung and Hanni both emerged, talking with one another excitedly.

"You didn't tell me there was a dragon!"

"There's multiple."

"Multiple?! Oh my God, I hope my phone can handle the game." Hanni waved her hand excitedly at the sight of Minho and hurried over to him. "Minho, this game is so fun. We levelled me up all the way to 15, and I was able to play with Jisung for half an hour. It's so fun."

"I'm glad you enjoyed yourself," Minho smiled, ruffling her hair. Hanni complained with incoherent noises, slapping away Minho's hand and fixing her hair. "What was that? Are you swearing at me in Vietnamese again?"

"And what if I was, loser?"

"Lo—?! I'm older than you!"

"I'm going now, bye!" Hanni exclaimed as she waved her hand and ran off from the pair.

Jisung smiled at Minho, his eyes still bright due to his heightened mood. "Where are we headed, sir?"

"I'm not sure, actually — I had no plans for the afternoon," Minho replied. "We can... take a walk. I feel like you want to tell me something."

Jisung hated how Minho could see right through him.

The two found themselves walking in a small park. Kids were running about, and people were walking their dogs. There was a tight yet bearable silence as the two found a quiet area to settle. They eventually found an unoccupied bench and settled down, basking in as much warmth as the autumn sun could offer.

"How did it go with your friend? Must've gone well if you spent the night," Minho hummed, turning to face the other. Jisung smiled softly, and Minho chuckled. "So I'm right."

"Kind of..."

Minho hummed in thought. "I see... well, did he seem different from the person you liked back then?"

"Not at all — I still saw old Hyunjin through the adult him," Jisung replied, "it's just... we... agreed to start over. From the beginning. He invited me over to his apartment, and... unimportant things happened. I felt weird at around 2am, and I asked if I could go home. Hyunjin meant a lot to me back then, but... I..."

"... don't have the heart to reject him."

Jisung looked at Minho with widened eyes. Minho just chuckled as he looked ahead. "How did you know...?"

"No one knows you better than I do," Minho replied, flicking his gaze over to the other. Jisung looked away quickly, his cheeks turning red almost immediately. "Tell him your honest feelings, Jisung."

"I don't even know what I feel, hyung."

Minho sighed, leaning to his side and placing a hand on Jisung's cheek. With a soft push, he brought the other closer and pressed a soft kiss on his cheek. Jisung stared at the other in shock as Minho simply smiled. "Are you sure you don't know how you feel?"

"No, I'm not sure — maybe if you do that again, then I'll be a bit more sure."

Minho shook his head, looking up at the sky with a sigh. "No one cares more about you than me, Jisung. I was okay with being human, but you made me feel like a good person. Thank you for... making me feel that way." He looked at Jisung, letting out a soft laugh. "Come on, your turn! Say some nice things to me, too."

"I'm madly in love with you."

"I know, silly," Minho chuckled, rolling his eyes playfully. "I want to hear why, though. Inflate my ego a little."

Jisung's cheeks were burning a soft red, clearly of happiness and excitement. Minho's facade faded quickly and he let out an embarrassed laugh. "Do you really like me...?"

"Jisung, I kissed your cheek twice and I let you sleep over at my house multiple times. I've held your hand, shared meals with you — and now, looking into your eyes as I tell you that I do like you — and I'm tired of pushing it aside."

Minho looked at the sky again, reaching beside him and intertwining his hand with Jisung's. Jisung gently scooted over, placing his head down on Minho's shoulder. They sat in a warm silence, hearts buzzing with fresh, new emotions. They had yet to ask the big question, but it didnt matter as long as they knew what they felt.

"Can I stay over tonight?"

"Oh, that reminds me," Minho hummed. "I'm moving upstairs — and I'm taking you with me. Until Hanni moves in, you can use the second room for streaming. Is that okay?"

"You want me to move in with you...?"

"I think it's inevitable," Minho chuckled. "You practically live in my apartment, anyways."

Jisung's eyes brightened as he nodded, somehow speechless. Minho smiled again, allowing Jisung to put his head on his shoulder again. Minho felt relieved that he could confidently tell Jisung how he felt. Jisung still seemed shy, but Minho's confidence made him more comfortable.

"Don't tell Hanni," Minho said suddenly. "I want her to find out by accident."

"You keep bullying that poor girl," Jisung chuckled. "But I'm in. Is she still sleeping over tonight?"

"Entire weekend."

"Oh... then I can't sleep over..."

"Not if I put her on the couch."

"That's mean."

"... fair enough."

Jisung suddenly stood up, tugging Minho up from the bed. "I have a stream to do in half an hour. I'm doing it in your apartment."

"Why?"

"I'm gonna tell everyone I have a boyfriend now, obviously."