pizza party

a few days later, the boys want a pizza pasta night. matt doesn't feel like driving so im taking my car. im about to leave the house when i hear-

"can i come?"

i turn and chris is standing there, god that smile kills me.

"yeah, cmon."

we get in the car chris on aux listening to florida by dominic fike. he starts to sing along. his voice is so pretty. as the song finishes i turn the music down.

"chris, you should really make music. you're voice is beautiful."

"really?"

"yeah, honest to god id say you're better than elmer."

"no way, you're just being nice."

"chris, trust me, you could get so far with a music career."

"thanks cutie." he looks down smiling.

• back at the house •

we're all making food, while chris and matt are competing who can toss the pizza higher i work on the pasta with fresh mozzarella. top tier cheese if you ask me. and nick, as always, recording and taking pictures for instagram.

"how are the hints coming?" nick asks, watching the other two making sure they're distracted.

"i dunno. i told him his voice was beautiful." i shrug.

"come ooon y/n you could do better than that. you need to flirt harder."

"that sounds gross."

"omg. you're helpless!"

"ruuude!"

"what now?" matt interrupts.

"nick called me helpless!"

" lets go nick, we can go pick a movie. chris put the pizzas in the oven."

chris salutes him and marches to me so he can put the pizzas away. i giggle as he hops up on the counter next to me.

he dips his finger in the cup of sauce i have next to me. "CHRIISS!" he of course thinks it's funny and laughs putting a dot of pesto on my nose.

"chris stop. go drain the pasta." i cant hold back my laughter.

"alright alright, relax." he drains the pasta and puts it back in the pan.

he stands next to me arms crossed and when i look at him instantly my straight face goes away. i shake my head, "what do you want now?"

"nothing, you're just cute."

i know i must look stupid with my mouth hanging open but what else should i do?

"alright calm down now."

"what, am i not allowed to tell my beautiful friend how cute she is?"

he's standing right next to me looking at how im preparing the pasta. i look at him and before he can turn, i kiss his cheek.

"thank you handsome."