Buried

"RUN!" The Doctor and Gavin sprint towards the exit of the mine, the smoldering potash just moment away from exploding. (A/N: I feel like all episodes or fanfictions over Doctor Who start with this one word. XD)

The notorious Potash Gavin utters a stream of curses that would make a pirate blush. The Doctor laughs her sweet bell laugh, euphoric from adrenaline, and runs even harder. That is, until she trips on her voluminous skirts, bringing Gavin down with her.

As they fall, the sonic flies out of the inner pocket within her corset and hits the ground, emitting an ear piercing buzz. Gavin grabs his ears and lets out a cat-like whine as the roof of the mine begins to shake. Before they know it, the shelf falls and rocks begin to shower down around them.

When the dust settles, the Doctor finds herself flat on her back with Gavin above her. She looks up into his face, wide-eyed when she notices his grimace of pain.

"Oh my gosh! Where does it hurt?!" She panics at seeing her companion hurt, Not another one, please not another one! She begins to pat his arms and back, searching for any projectiles that might have impaled him.

"Stop," he says firmly.

"But we need to make sure you aren-"

"Don't. Move," Gavin says, his voice husky. His eyes turn into vertical slits as he stares into the Doctor's, leaving her completely motionless.

Carefully, he lowers his body to press against the Doctor's. He raises his hand to her cheek, brushing away dust as he does so. Slowly, he moves his hand to her hair, which has fallen out of its pins and cascades around her shoulders, and picks out bits of rubble. Piece by piece, he gently removes the bit of rock from her hair. All the while, the Doctor is paralyzed and lays there, studying Gavin's face as he does this. Her eyes travel down every plane and edge of his angular face as he combs his finger through her hair.

"Doctor, is everything alright? Are you in pain?" The Doctor snaps her gaze back towards Gavin's eyes. She realizes that she had been staring intently at his full lips and redness spreads across her cheeks.

Seeing her blush, Gavin gives his Chester Cat smile and leans in, softly pressing his lips against her temple, making the Doctor's breath hitch. Her breathing becomes even more ragged when he begins to slowly move down her hairline and across her cheek. Once he reaches the side of her nose, he slowly moves his lips down to the edge of hers. The Doctor's breathing stops all together. Gavin smirks against her skin and moves his mouth all the way around the edge of her lips, teasing. (A/N: Dang dude, ya'll are stuck in a mine under rubble! Ya'll should be panicking, not making out!)

Once he reaches the opposite corner, he stops. The Doctor's heat thunders in her chest so hard, there is no doubt that Gavin could hear it. Even without his feline hearing abilities.

They lay there for a while before the Doctor looses all patience, and joins their lips in a heated kiss.

Taken aback by the abrupt movement, Gavin freezes. He didn't expect her to actually respond to his kiss, certain she would grow bored of him and think he was a child playing at love. But she doesn't move away and only pulls him down against her even more. Gavin soon regains his composure when the Time Lady under him shifts onto her elbow, deepening the kiss. He buries his fingers farther into her ginger hair and gently parts his lips under her surprisingly experienced lips. (A/N: Which shouldn't be all that surprising I mean, she is over 1200 years old.)

Suddenly, a small pebble falls from somewhere above and strikes Gavin in the head, making him smash his forehead against the Doctor's, turning the passionate moment into an awkward one. With the mood dispelled, they finally take stock of their situation.

"So, how do we get out of this one?" Gavin asks.

"I'm not sure," the Doctor replies looking around at the rubble surrounding them. "I have to say, buried alive is a first for me."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~Heyy guys/gals. So yay new update! I'm thinking that when I do eventually get a plot planned out fully, I will use these oneshots with it. So yay! Also, the collab that I am doing with other wattpadalekers will be posted within next week I believe. We just need a good cover for it so you can or know of someone who is awesome at that, PM me.

Thnx!

-Savannah