Chapter 4

The Weirdo on Maple Street part 2

Luna watched warily as Lucas and Dustin (which she had finally figured out were the names of the other two boys) walked into Mike's room and stared at them.

"Are you out of your mind?" Lucas shouted.

"Just listen to me."

"You are out of your mind."

"They know about Will."

"What do you mean they know about Will?" Dustin asked.

"She pointed at him, at his picture. They knew he was missing. I could tell."

"You could tell?"

"Just think about it. Do you really think it was a coincidence that we found them on Mirkwood, the same place Will disappeared?"

"That is weird," Dustin said.

"And they said bad people are after them. I think maybe these bad people are the same ones that took Will."

Luna knew that wasn't true but decided not to interject. It's not like they'd believe a giant Venus flytrap-esque monster had taken their friend.

"I think they know what happened to him."

"Then why don't they tell us?" Lucas turned to Luna and El. "Do you know where he is?" Lucas started shouting and grabbed El's shoulders. "Do you know where Will is."

Luna glared at Lucas. She knew he was worried for his friend but that didn't give him the excuse to treat El that way.

She grabbed his arm and pushed it away throwing him backwards. "Leave her alone."

He glared at Luna. "If you know where he is, tell us!"

Luna only gave him a stony gaze. They wouldn't believe her anyway. And it was better if they didn't get involved in this.

"This is nuts. We should take them to your mom."

"No. Eleven said telling any adult would put us in danger."

"What kind of danger?"

"Her name is Eleven? What's the other one? Ten?"

"My name is Luna," she snapped her mind flashing to Kate at the mention of her number.

"El for short."