Chapter 8

The Body Part 2

The Body Part 2

Luna and the others biked to the school. Luna sat on Dustin's bike while El sat on Mike's.

They entered the school and Mike turned to face them. "Okay, remember, if anyone sees us, look sad." Luna thought that was a strange thing to say given that, though they knew Will was still alive he could be in imminent danger and it shouldn't be hard to be sad.

A voice started talking over the loud speaker. "Attention students, there will be an assembly to honor Will Byers in the gymnasium now. Do not go to fourth period."

They reached the AV room and tried the door but it didn't open. "It's locked," Mike said, stating the obvious.

"What?"

"Hey do you think you guys can open it? With your powers?" Dustin asked us.

El looked confused but I smirked. I happened to have a one key fits all for any situation.

Before I could open it a man walked over. He looked at the others in confusion, "Boys?"

They all turned around rapidly. "Hey."

"Assembly's about to start."

"We know. We're just, you know..."

"Upset"

"Yeah, definitely upset."

Luna shook her head. Gods, they were bad at this. Had they never lied before?

"We need some alone time."

"To cry."

"Listen. I get it. I do. I know how hard this is, but let's just be there for Will, huh. And then... the heathkit is all yours for the rest of the day. What do you say?"

Did he actually believe them. How stupid were the people in this town? Though, they never realized that the lab was conducting human experimentation so she wouldn't exactly call them wise.

He turned to look at them. "I don't believe we've met. What are your names?"

El looked scared and before she could say something that would give them away she cut in. "I'm Luna and this is my sister Ellie. We're Will's cousins. Second cousins technically. We came for the funeral."

The teacher nodded. "Welcome to Hawkins Middle, Luna and Ellie, I wish you were here under better circumstances."

"I do too. We didn't know him well but I was terribly sad to hear the news. He was such a sweet kid." It was easy for her to fake being sad. All she had to do was think of her friends. A small tear even left her eye.

"Are you from around here?"

Luna shook her head. "Born and raised in Colorado. Surrounded by mountains and nature on all sides. It's a beautiful place."