VII

OLLIVANDERS

[Outside back in Diagon Alley, Harry and Hagrid are walking through the street. Harry has bought most of his equipment, and is reading his list.]

Harry: I still need... a wand.

"WE'RE GOING TO GET TO SEE HIS WAND CHOOSING HIM?" James was hysterical.

Hagrid: A wand? Well, yeh'll want Ollivanders. [he points to the store] There ain't no place better. Why don't you run along there and wait. I just got one more thing I got to do. Won't be long.

[Harry goes into the store, quietly. He looks around. There are shelves of wands in boxes, but no people.]

Harry: [Softly] Hello? Hello?

"You have to say it with your whole chest, Hazza." Bex told Harry.

"Hazza?" Peter asked, Remus also looked quite confused.

"You've got Moony, Prongs, Padfoot and Wormtail..." Bex trailed off and turned to look at Hermione and Carina. "Do you think that's why third year stuff happened? Because of the nickname? I mean, it's terrible." Bex said as low as possible, but she still spoke in codes in case anyone would hear.

Hermione thought for a while and then shrugged, but Carina immediatly answered. "Eh, possibly, but I don't think so. Remember what they said."

Bex turned back to complete the conversation she already forgot about.

"You've got your nicknames, we've got ours." She told them.

[Then, a noise came from the back, and a man appears on a ladder and looks at Harry. The man is Ollivander and he smiles.]

"Holy fuck, he's still alive?" Sirius asked. Then he thought about it and shrugged, "Well, he looks barely alive anyway."

Ollivander: I wondered when I'd be seeing you, Mr. Potter. It seems only yesterday that your mother and father were in here buying their first wands. [Picks a wand] Ah. Here we are. [Harry holds it, but does nothing] Well, give it a wave. [Harry is hesitant, but waves. This causes most of the boxes to come flying out and crashing down. Harry jumps and hurriedly puts the wand back on the counter.] Apparently not. [Ollivander gets another wand from a box.] Perhaps this. [Harry waves at a vase, which shatters, startling Harry.] No, no, definitely not! No matter. [gets a wand from a box but stops and becomes thoughtful] I wonder... [Ollivander hands the wand to Harry. No sooner after he touched it, Harry suddenly glows under it, blowing his hair up and several of the paperwork in the background. Ollivander looked a bit surprised and deep in thought.] Curious. Very curious.
Harry: Sorry, but what's curious?

"Again, our boy Timmy is asking the real questions." Evan said.

Ollivander: [examining the wand he gave to Harry] I remember every wand I've ever sold, Mr. Potter. It just so happens that the phoenix, whose tail feather resides in your wand gave another feather, just one other. It is curious that you should be destined for this wand when its brother gave you that scar. [Points to the lighting bolt scar on Harry's forehead]

Harry: And who owned that wand?

"Exactly, who owned that wand?" Bex said, glaring at Dumbledore, making sure to let him know they knew the answer to that question.

Ollivander: We do not speak his name. The wand chooses the wizard, Mr. Potter. It's not always clear why. But I think it is clear that we can expect great things from you. After all, He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named did great things. Terrible, yes, but great. [he hands Harry back his wand.]

"He who must not be named?" A few first years gasped and others started whispering.

[Harry then hears a knock on the window.]

Hagrid: Harry! Harry! Happy birthday! [Has a snowy owl in a cage, which hoots, his name is Hedwig.]

The future generation looked at the owl sadly with small smiles. Even Carina looked sad.

Harry: [amazed] Wow.