VIII

THE BOY WHO LIVED

[Later back in the Leaky Cauldron, Hagrid and Harry, are at a long table, eating soup. Everything is too quiet, Hagrid soon notices this.]

Hagrid: You all right, Harry? You seem very quiet.
Harry: He killed my parents, didn't he? The one who gave me this. You know, Hagrid. I know you do.

Lily, James and their friends looked at the screen sadly, thinking about how they weren't there in the boy's childhood. Some still wondering where they were in this.

Hagrid: [sighs and pushes his bowl away] First, and understand this, Harry, 'cause it's very important. Not all wizards are good. Some of them go bad. A few years ago, there was one wizard who went as bad as you can go. And his name was V-...his name was V-...
Harry: Maybe if you wrote it down?

"Is he going to make him say it?" Barty asked no one in particular.

Hagrid: No, I can't spell it. All right. [quietly] Voldemort.

A slight chill came over the hall.

Harry: Voldemort?

"Obnoxiously loud, like always." Draco said.

Hagrid: Shh!!

[Harry looks around to see if anyone heard it]

"Yeah, 'cause Voldy woul've been there and not have tried to kill you." Bex said sarcastically.

Hagrid: It was dark times, Harry, dark times. [We flash over to a flashback on the night at Godric's hollow, consisting off a cloaked man walking towards a house, breaking in with his wand, and proceeding to terrorize. Hagrid narrates.] Voldemort started to gather some followers, brought 'em over to the dark side. Anyone that stood up to him ended up dead. Your parents fought against him, but nobody lived once he decided to kill 'em. [Harry's mother, Lily, screams in pain as she is killed by Voldemort's wand. Green flashes are seen from the windows outside the house. Then, we see Voldemort pointing his wand at an infant Harry Potter's head.] Nobody, not one. 'Cept you.

[We flash back to the present time.]

James looked like he was about to cry and Lily had gone over to Marlene and Dorcas to sit with them for comfort.

Harry: Me? Voldemort tried to kill me?

The whole great hall looked silently at the eleven year old boy finding out how his parents had and he had almost died.

Hagrid: Yes. That ain't no ordinary cut on your forehead, Harry. A mark like that only comes from being touched by a curse, and an evil curse at that.
Harry: What happened to V... to You-Know-Who?

"Only ever said You-Know-Who then and maybe in our seventh year, when we had no choice." Ron joked in the hope that it'd make everyone, including himself, forget what they had just seen.

Hagrid: Well, some say he died. Codswallop in my opinion. Nope, I reckon he's out there still, too tired to carry on. But one thing's absolutely certain. Something about you stumped him that night. That's why yer famous. That's why everybody knows yer name. You're the boy who lived.

Regulus looked deep in thought about the comment of not being dead. Carina looked over at him, knowing this was around the time he got recruited. Carina, Ron, Hermione and Harry were the only ones that knew about Regulus dying for the horcruxes. Carina looked down remembering he only had two more years to live and he'd never known he had a daughter.

MFkidd speaks💀🌿

Marlene and Dorcas Yes, I'm a huge Dorlene shipper.