Chapter 4

(A.N.

I also struggled to change the description of Jacob's room a bit from my other fanfic Possibilities. Fun fact! I thought about merging these two fanfics together before deciding to split them into two separate stories. I could definitely see Edward latching on to Jacob like he does here in Possibilities, hence the title of that fanfic💀

Still in the flashback.

Enjoy!💜)

✩──────✩──────✩

"Edward, why are you planning on going to Jacob's house? And why can I no longer see Bella in your future?" Alice asked with wide eyes and furrowed brows as she barged into Edward's room.

"Because I'm going to see my mate," Edward replied boredly as he slipped on his shoes.

Alice blinked.

"Bella is your mate!" she yelled back, face contorted into confusion and disgust.

"No, she's not. Jacob is. I felt it," Edward explained simply.

This caused all the Cullens to gather around outside his bedroom. Alice's face remained frozen in revulsion for a few seconds before she could think of anything to say.

"That's sick, Edward," she settled on. She honestly didn't know what else to say.

"Cry about it," Edward retorted as he looked up from his shoes to the others. All of which looked enraged with disgust. "Just stay out of my way. All of you," he said, eyes flicking to each one of them before he stood to make his way through them.

"Edward, I can't let you do that," Carlisle tried to reason with calmness, hand pressed lightly onto Edward's chest to stop him in his tracks. Ever the martyr. "The treaty-"

"Doesn't matter anymore," Edward interposed. "At least not to me. No one will know, and no treaty is going to stop me from seeing him," he stated, barging past his sire, who stood still without a clue in the world on how to resolve this problem.

"You've reached a new low, Edward," Rosalie hissed lowly as he walked past her.

Edward could not care less about what any of them had to say. It was fine when he visited Bella during the night whilst she slept, but God forbid he did it to Jacob.

It didn't matter. He knew none of them would accept it. Regardless, thanks to Alice and her vision, he now knew where Jacob's house was, and was a lot easier to find it.

﹌﹌﹌

Upon seeing the secluded, small red house in the distance, noticing all the lights were off, he honed in his ability to read the minds inside.

Just two. And sleeping soundly. Excellent.

Edward sped over to the window around the back of the house. According to Alice's vision, the back door was locked and this should be the window into Jacob's bedroom. As he stepped up onto a log under the high window, he peered inside the dark room, he looked downwards to see the bed pressed up against the wall, directly underneath the window.

And there Jacob lay. Long hair splayed over his shoulders and pillow, sleeping so sweetly. His mind full of creative, silly little dreams. Edward smiled fondly in amusement. Dreams were so funny to watch, especially Jacob's. He's glad he didn't have to miss this anymore.