Arguments

Morana's POV

Doctor Brianna gave me printed pictures of the ultrasound, and as I got in the jeep I couldn't help but to be memorized by the small circle. That is a baby, our baby. My heart fluttered as I looked over to Aeron who was starting the vehicle. His face was paler than usual as he looked over to me. I placed a hand on his arm and slowly moved it down towards his fingers. He quickly grabbed hold of my hand as he looked over to me, "Did you want to go food shopping? Or did you want to go home?" He asked.

After our night with Jon and Amanda we went to shop for food. And after that first time, I realized that grocery shopping, well it sucked. The store always seemed to be too hot and the food was too pricey. It was as bad as shopping for clothes, Aeron said not to worry about the price but I still found myself worrying about the price. I didn't understand human money, I didn't understand why it cost for food.

I didn't understand money until I watched a show called cartoon, where one of the characters always saved his nickels and pennies. And he spoke of a happy retirement. I wanted that, I wanted us happy and together. So to do that I thought we had to save our pennies and nickels. But I learned in that grocery store that pennies and nickels weren't paying for nothing.

"I don't mind." I said and looked over to him as I smiled, "If I don't go you'll spend a lot of-"

"I told you not to worry about that." Aeron said as he looked over to me, "Our pack is wealthy. Some like Doctor Brianna work in human territory. And we get money from the humans." He added. I looked over to him confused.

"Why do humans pay you money?" I asked and tilted my head, I never heard of this.

"Well, only the high up in human territory knows about us. Way back, before my great grandfather was even born the werewolves and the humans made a bargain. The wolves would stay on their land and only go onto human territory when necessary. That means, while we are in human territory we can't shift. And we can't tell the humans what we are," He said and looked at me, "It's our most sacred law."

"Do a lot of wolves leave the pack lands?" I asked.

"Some do." Aeron said and reached over to grab my hand, "You'll never have to worry about this. Humans don't interfere with us, and we don't interfere with them."

"What if something happens?" I asked, "What if a wolf does shift in human territory."

"Then they would be breaking the deal and humans might decide to declare war."

"Declare war because a wolf shifted?" I asked and looked at him confused, "That sounds stupid."

"We are different from them, Morana. And because of that the humans could grow to fear us. We don't show up on any human radar and we are safe. If anything else, we will cause a war between werewolves and humans." He said and shrugged his shoulders, "There were cases when a human was traveling in the forest and saw a werewolf. In that case it would not be our fault and the pack would receive a bonus for not killing the human trespasser."

"Strange." I said and looked out the window.

We didn't speak after that, instead I nervously touched the small stomach under my shirt. War, Aeron had talked about going to war just last night. War, war was dangerous. The TV taught me that as well. War was violent and killed anything in its path like bad storms that came at the end of summer. I tried not to panic as I looked at my mate. What would happen if I lost him? I squeezed his hand tightly as I leaned over and buried my face in his arm, "I love you." I whispered.

"I love you too." Aeron said and kissed the top of my head. I held onto his arm until we got to the grocery store. Once I was out of the jeep I was glued to his side.