Prologue: Transported to Zero

Third Person P.O.V

Finally...

We can be together...

My beloved...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Under the moonlight we can see a Mini Stop store with an interesting duo inside doing who knows what. We can see a man of the name (Y/N) (L/N) standing in the store in a tired like state. His (H/C) hair complementing his (E/C) eyes that seem to almost have a constant sparkle in them. Having an athletic build under his (F/C) hoodie and white shirt combined with black pants and (F/C) trainers. His physique seemed to have come from his extensive training in fighting and weight exercises. Not a single person really knows what goes inside his head though, not even his friend Natsuki Subaru.

Y/N P.O.V

Ugh... we really should stop gaming until this late. It's the middle of the night and here we are, in a convenience store buying snacks for another upcoming gaming session that we 'maybe' could have. Who am I kidding, knowing Subaru we most likely will have one tomorrow. I wonder if I — "Ah, I see. This is where they suck you in." I stop and look to my right to see my best friend, Natsuki Subaru.

Not the worst looking guy in the world, he's around 172cm tall with an athletic physique despite him being a shut-in

Not the worst looking guy in the world, he's around 172cm tall with an athletic physique despite him being a shut-in. He has medium-length thick black messy hair with sharp intimidating brown eyes. Although once you get to know him he's not that scary. "What are you looking at over here?" I say while walking towards him. It seems he's looking at some romantic-fantasy manga. "Come on man, you know there are millions of manga like that. It's not even real, if it was then maybe it would be worth reading." I say while walking away from him and towards the snacks isle. Subaru puts back the manga and follows me into the aisle. "I know, I know, let's get this over with so we can go back already." Subaru says while picking up a cup noodle. "Nah, not natto." He puts it back and grabs a bag of crisps and a few other items instead. "Wouldn't hurt to be outside for a while you know." I say while grabbing some Pocky and a bag of lollipops.

"Uh-huh, sure thing MOM." Subaru says sarcastically while walking towards the cashier. "Paying together or separately?" the cashier questions. "Together," I say while walking up. " and I'm just concerned Subaru. It's not exactly defined as healthy being holed up in your room playing games all day." I say while me and Subaru hand our items to the cashier. "Ok, I get it. Thank you." Subaru says genuinely while flashing me a smile. "You'll pay for us both? Thanks (Y/N), you're the best. What would I do without you?" He says while rubbing the back of his neck. "Most likely having to pay for your own snacks." I say while wearing a grin. "That'll be 975 yen." The cashier says while giving back our stuff. I take out my wallet and get the money to pay for the items. As I do this I notice something. "Look Subaru, a grooved-edge ten! Pretty cool right?" "Yeah, it is." Subaru says used to my attitude.

After paying for our items we walk out with 2 bags, carrying 1 each. As we reach the road we see a car drive super fast. "Some people really like taking a risk, huh?" I say to no-one specifically. Subaru nods at my statement and we continue on. "Subaru did you see that?" I say to him since I thought I saw something. "Maybe? I'm not really sure. I guess anyone's eyes would be tired after holing up in their room, gaming all day." he says dismissing what he also saw. "Don't go depressed on me pal. Tomorrow we can workout together or something, ok?" I say giving him a reassuring smile. "Ok." he says giving me a smile back. Suddenly my eyes feel very heavy so I rub them to keep them awake. I notice that Subaru does the same. I close my eyes and the first thing I see when I open them are some 'people'? I also feel somewhat different.

"What's going on? This stuff obviously isn't fake." That's the first thing I hear to my left. It's Subaru! "I'm so glad you're here and alright!" I say while grabbing his shoulder. "Umm... who are you?" he says confused which in turn confused me. "What do you mean who? It's me you're very best friend (Y/N) (L/N)." I say, when I said that he opens his eyes wide in shock and it almost seemed like his jaw would fall off. "Don't tell me you forgot you idiot, we've been friends for years!" I say pretending to be offended. "That's not it (Y/N), you should probably look at your reflection in this fountain to understand what I mean." he says turning towards the fountain. I also turn towards it and what I saw shocked, amazed and put me in awe.

First of all I notice that I have silver hair! The length didn't change or anything, just the colour. Speaking about colour, my beautiful (E/C) eyes have changed! They turned into a mesmerizing combination of light blue and purple. The next thing was my skin, the texture of it was certainly improved as there is absolutely no wrinkles or anything. I easily surpass any model back in Japan! Screw that, the whole world! The last thing I noticed were my ears, they were pointy and as I touch them, definitely more sensitive than my old ones. I turned into a half-elf?! "I am..." I start to say but it seems that Subaru finished my sentence. "... an elf..., no..., a half-elf?!". "How come you get to have an upgrade but I don't, this is so unfair!" Subaru says while sulking, looking at his reflection as well. "I don't think that's the thing we have to worry about the most." I tell him while putting up my hood over my head to conceal my identity.

"It's sunny, why did you put up your hood?" Subaru questioned me. "Look around Subaru" I say while we both look around. "Do you see any other male half-elf here? Or any half-elf at all, as a matter of fact? There are so many demi-humans here and not a single sign of a half-elf. I don't really care if I show myself to people or not, but I would rather not risk it." "No, yeaaahhh, it may be for the best." Subaru says agreeing with me. "Wait a minute... there are demi-humans here?!" Subaru says while finally taking in his surrounding. "I know... this is all completely different." I say while a 'carriage' drives past? "There is no modern architecture, weird creatures pulling carriages and demi-humans walking around shopping at stalls?!" This is all absolutely insane. We both face each other. "I don't think we are in Japan." Subaru says to me. "Which means..." I start to say. "So does this mean..." Subaru says at the same time. "We've been summoned into a parallel world?!" We both say to each other simultaneously. Both as excited as each other. I don't know if we should be excited or not though. This is all weird, concerning and terrifying. But.... I know that me and Subaru will definitely make some life-lasting relationships and experiences here! And if there's one thing I love... it's a good and difficult adventure!