Chp.2

As we pulled up to the Dingo, I heard the screams of a girl and the laugh of two guys. The men were obviously Socs, you could tell by their clothes. The were beating a teen greaser not much older than I was. "Hey! Leave her alone!" I yell angrily, Two-bit and Steve took this as an opportunity to flank me in front of the car. "What did you say to me you filthy little greaser," the taller guy asked. Two-bit shouted "Hey!" at them and he and Steve beat them into the ground with another gang, while we got the brutally beaten girl into the car. She was unconscious as we pulled her in. "Two-bit c'mon!" I yell and he and Steve jump in. "Get us to the house!" I yell over the engine. We are there in ten minutes, "Two-bit, I said weakly, my knees buckling under her weight. He runs over and takes the brunt of her weight off of me. Steve, Madyson, and Aspyn run forward to open the gate and the doors. "Put her on the couch while I get the first aid kit," I order as I dart to the back of the house.

She comes to as I'm putting bandages on a cut above her eye, there was nothing we could do for her nose or lip, nothing else was broken, but severely bruised. She looks at us all confused before she finally realizes what had happened. "P-p-please don't hurt m-m-me," she whimpered. "We would never, those boys are long gone, ain't they?" I nod toward the boys. "They did all the hard work, we just got you into the car, but what's your name?" I question. "Penelope."