Chp.5

I wake up in my bed with sunlight streaming through my windows. I groan and roll over to cover my face from the evil light. "Morning Adele," someone said. I looked over thinking it would be Darry, but it was Two-bit. I frowned. He never called me by my name, ever, something was wrong, I tried to think back to the night before but didn't remember anything "Two-bit, is something wrong, what time is it, how long have I been asleep?" I said then groaned in pain. "Oww, God my head," I say as Two-bit hands me an advil and a glass of water.
"Do you remember anything from the night before yesterday?"
"The night before yesterday ?!" I yelled then reached out to turn my clock towards me. I stopped cold as I saw a cast on my wrist. All of my memories were coming back. Two-bit had laid me down to catch something, then a car full of Socs ran over my hand. I gasp and Two-bit was there in an instant. I shake my head and get up, my legs are numb and the floor rushes up to meet me, but Two-bit swings me upwards at the last second, keeping an arm at my waist as I walked out into the living room. "Hey look the little broad is up," Dally remarks. Everyone in our outfit is there as well as Tim Shepard. Soda jumps up and rushes over to help me but the feeling in my legs returned. I punched him in the stomach with my hard cast and walked back to my room. I collapse on my bed but don't cry, just sit and think, maybe for hours, and Two-bit lays by my side on the bed the whole time, holding my uninjured hand. I roll towards him and kiss him, fisting his hair in my hand, the other around his neck, he holds me by the waist and doesn't let go.