Chapter 3

Astrid 

Knock knock 

I shifted my attention from my laptop to the door, "Come in." I permitted, taking my glasses off the bridge of my nose. Tuffnut is on his break so I am left alone in silence and peace. 

The door opened and in comes the most handsome guy on the planet. He smiled at me and approached my table with two warm coffee on both his hands, as usual. 

"Coffee for my favorite boss?" Said him and placed the coffee on my glassed table. Now this is the reason why I love going to work. Simply because of this warm coffee, now resting on my clear table. 

I chuckled and shake my head, "Thanks, Haiden." 

He nodded, his dazzling smile still plastered on his soft thin lips. I turned my attention back to my laptop, mostly because I want to avoid looking at his forest green eyes, but also because I have work. I started typing awkwardly as Haiden kept standing in front of my table, staring at me. He cleared his throat making me look up back to his glorious features as he rub the back of his head, awkwardly.

I simply raised my eyebrows, silently asking him what's wrong. 

"Something wrong, Haiden?" 

He seemed taken aback before he shook his head with a laugh, "N-no! Nothing's wrong.." 

"Well then, Is there anything I can help you with?" I asked, getting worried. 

"Well, uhm.. You see.." He chuckled nervously still rubbing the back of his neck. 

Adorable. 

"I- I brought tickets to uhm.. A movie this Satiurday and I was wondering if.." He trailed, his cheeks turning pink. I felt my heart skip a thousand beat when he trailed. 

Date. 

This is a date right ?

He's finally asking me on a date...

I was brought back to reality when I heard Haiden's nervous laugh.. "So what do you think?" 

I blinked. I completely missed what he just said. "Sorry, can you repeat what you said?" 

He cleared his throat and blushed. "I was wondering if.. If you would.. Want to go? T- together?" 

I felt warm feeling crawl up to my cheeks as the butterflies in my stomach started started flying and celebrating. Now how long have I dreamt of the day Haiden would come back and ask me for a date.. 6 years man. 6 long painful torturing years.

"Ah!" He semi yelled making me look up to him with pink tainted chreks. "You dont have to go, I- If you're busy I understand, since work is pretty strict and all." He chimed, "But I would really appreciate it if you could accompany me. T- To the movies and possibly.. Uhm.. Dinner.." 

As much as I wanted to act as an excited lovestruck teenager, I need to act confident as to my position and reputation.

"Are you asking me out on a date, Mr. Haddock?" I smirked, leaning into my table. I wanted to come off as confident and confident I'm emitting though on the inside. I'm nervous. 

I can feel sweats forming on my scalp.

If possible he blushed harder and looked down on his feet as if it was saving him from the shyness, "Well.. Uhm, It could be a friendly date?" 

"So it is a date!" I emphasized. I am so excited but I won't let it show besides I'm enjoying the adorable nervous look Haiden has right now.

He bit his lower lip and nodded. 

To say that I was happy would be an understatement! If I could I would have already danced and screamed to the world that I have a date with the Haiden Haddock. The kindest and gentlest man in the world! 

I wanted to squeal, hug him and pepper his face with light feather kisses but instead, I smiled. It really was a struggle not to do those actions but I pulled through.

"Sure. I'll see you this Saturday." 

* * * 

"Wait, can you repeat that?" Claire asked, wide eyed. She was in disbelief. Pure disbelief. 

"Onii-chan, the onii-chan, the handsome onii-chan, came back? And asked you for a date?" 

I nodded, "Yep." 

I can't understand how it's so hard to understand that Haiden Haddock just asked me for a date. I don't see good enough reason that I have to repeat the same sentence over and over again just for the other receiver to finally come to understand. 

"Repeat that!" 

I glared at her, "Claire, I've been repeating the exact same sentence for sixth times already! How can't you understand?! Haiden Haddock asked me on a movie date!" 

Claire furrowed her eyebrows and she gazed at me with a knowing frown, "Are you on your period?" 

"Wha— No! How did we go from dates to periods?!" 

"I don't know! You seem snappier than usual! You're supposed to be happy and giddy but instead I find myself accompanying the opposite." 

I let out a sigh as I massaged my temples gently. To be completely honest, I'm nervous. It's been a while ever since I went out on a date with someone that I am actually interested in and just thinking that I may somehow screw it up because of my uneasiness is already a torture. 

"I'm just nervous." I admitted

Claire raised her perfect eyebrows at me and crossed her arms over her chest. Her stance looked as if she did not believe the 3 words I uttered. "You nervous over a movie date?" 

"Yes" 

"Do you expect me to believe that?" 

"Yes?" 

Of course I expect you to believe that! For Odin's sake it's the truth! 

"What makes Haiden different?" 

"He's not" 

Claire rolled her eyes, "Oh please, Nee-chan! You wouldn't be this flustered and nervous if he's not of any difference to other boys!" 

I bit my lower lip. Why you gotta be so smart huh? "It's Haiden we're talking about here. The same guy who loved me truly in the past but I was too stupid and inconsiderate to embrace." 

"Now that is some bad ass reason to be nervous!" 

I glared at her once again. Now  I called her expecting a glamorous display of support and encouragement but instead found myself in a disappointing conversation. 

"Look, are you gonna help or not?" 

Claire grinned. The grin that I loathe but keeps to myself. "You gonna say please?" 

"I'm not saying please!" 

"Then I'm not helping," She swiftly replied, her plump lips still curved into a grin. 

I gave out a vast, walloping, cyclopean, brobdingnagian, sigh before uttering the word that she desperately want to hear. 

"Please?" 

As her face lit up and her grin went wider in silent joy, I knew I had her there!

"Of course! Anything to have Nii-san back!" 

Chapter end 

-NameIsHiccup