Chapter 7

Freya

Immediately I sat up as a strange, young male jumped before me. He was shirtless and very tall. He had dark, short, wavy hair that lay above his thick eyebrows and hid his ears.

"I'm not going to hurt you," he said as he held both hands before him. His voice was smooth and clear, one that assured you he wouldn't. But how can I trust a stranger, for instance, a male I just met who is also bare-chested?

I looked at where he leaped from, and I was soon surprised at how far he had jumped. I moved backward, scared.

"Stay away from me," I warned him.

"Are you hurt?" His eyes scanned my right foot.

I had fallen hard on my right foot; it felt like it was sprained.

"Your grandma and another elderly female came to my dad for help; that's why I'm here." His dark brown eye stares into mine, hoping to calm me down so I could trust him.

"Where are they?" I cried, regretting that I had foolishly run off into the forest.

"I'll take you to them," he informed me.

I tried getting up, but he urged me not to. The strange male rushed over to me and took me off the ground like I weighed nothing. His body felt so warm against me--a relaxing warm, like a cozy blanket.

My eyes never left his face as he carried me in his arms. He appeared to be my age, or probably a year older. He never once returned my stare as I did. His gaze kept moving forward.

"Freya," I heard my grandma say as we exited the forest.

They were on the side of the road with a male, whom I assumed was his father, approaching us.

His father took me from him and placed me in the back seat of my grandma's car.

"Carry her to a doctor to examine her foot," he told them.

My grandma and grand aunt thanked them and got into the car.

"Everything is going to be okay," my grandma said as she sat at the back of the car, hugging me.

I continued to stare at the young male as he strode away back into the forest along with his father. I watched his muscular arms as they steadily swung at his sides as he moved, and how confidently he walked. He was lustful in the eyes.

I was carried to the doctor to check on my injured foot. I was going to be okay; I didn't sprain my legs; I just fell on it too hard. The doctor gave me some painkillers for the pain, and I returned home.

The house was pretty silent after discovering that my mom never wanted me.

"Freya," I heard my grandmother say at my door.

"Come in," I said, rolling on my side and turning my back.

I listened to her as she walked into my room and felt the bed sink as she sat.

"I'm sorry you had to hear that today," she apologized.

"No need to apologize; it was not your fault," I retorted.

"It's wrong that your mom blames you for the reason why your father left her after you were born," my grandmother expressed. "But just know that she loves you, Freya, and she wants the best for you; that's why she brought you here."

"Your mom will one day realize her foolish action towards you and return for you; I just hope it won't be too late." My grandmother gently touches my head before leaving.

The night before, the moon appeared larger and brighter than I'd ever seen. I cried more that night than I ever had while gazing off at the full moon.

His Forbidden Soulmateजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें