Chapter 3

5 August 1997

Albus Dumbledore was sitting in his office thinking about recent years when he first proclaimed Ethan as "the boy who lived". Ethan had a little more powerful than average magical core but his core's growth diminish while growing up. He was mediocre and lazy. But he was still the chosen one. The one who will vanquish the Dark Lord.

Then there was the younger Potter boy, Hadrian Potter. When he first tested him all years back on that Halloween night. The boy was barely a wizard. He sensed strange dark magic in him. Harry barely showed accidental magic while growing up. When he first came to Hogwarts and was sorted in Ravenclaw, nothing was fascinating and special about him. But then one day, he noticed the power radiating from the boy. Then he started noticing him more closely, his habits, his friends. Finally, he realised how magically powerful and dangerous Harry was. Dumbledore decided that he was too powerful and unpredictable to be anywhere else than firmly under his thumb. So he came up with a brilliant plan.

Dumbledore was still plotting when his private floo flared to life. First, to exit the floo was James then Lily and they immediately greeted the headmaster.

It was a large and beautiful circular room, full of funny little noises. Several curious silver instruments stood on spindle-legged tables, whirring and emitting little puffs of smoke. The walls were covered with portraits of old headmasters and headmistresses, all of whom were snoozing gently in their frames. There was also an enormous, claw-footed desk, and, sitting on a shelf behind it, a shabby, tainted wizard's hat - the Sorting Hat.

"My dear Lily and James please take a seat. I want to discuss something important with you", Dumbledore said jovially.

"Lemon drop", asked Dumbledore when James and Lily sat in front of him.

"No thanks headmaster, you said this was important", James asked

"I have told you to call me Albus and yes I have something to discuss with you. It is regarding your son."

"Ethan, what do you want to discuss about him? Is it about his lessons? Do you want us to give him more attention?", Lily asked with motherly concern.

"No, I am talking about your other son, Harry"

"What has the squib done now? He is nothing but a burden. Always besmirching Potter's good name." James said irritatingly.

"Yes I know he is barely a wizard but still your son." Dumbledore looked at James with disappointed eyes. He won't tell the Potters that their son was very powerful. If he did, they might become reluctant to his plans.

"I know but I am ashamed that I am the father of a squib. It's utter disgraceful" replied James. Ashamed that he has disappointed the headmaster somehow.

"What do you want to discuss about him?", Lily asked calmly after her husband's outburst.

"His friendship with some people worries me. He is a friend with Daphne Greengrass the heiress of the known dark house and Blaise Zabini the son of the infamous black widow."

"How dare that brat dared to hang with such people. We should have sent that mongrel to Lily's sister years ago" James started ranting. He was always quick to temper. And now he was furious that his son dare to befriend Slytherins and dark people.