9. 𝐍𝐞𝐰 𝐀𝐭𝐭𝐢𝐭𝐮𝐝𝐞

After we talked a little about the case, Cupid told me to get some rest. Instead, I decided to get a better look around. The view from the windows was amazing.

The back door led to a large patio. It was furnished with a few couches and chairs, paired with the same beige-colored end tables. In the center sat a large pit for bonfires. There was a private beach just down the long set of stairs. The crisp clear water rolled against the shore peacefully.

A set of double doors opened up to a gorgeous kitchen with a large island standing in the center. It was like kitchens you'd see on the Food Network. The cabinets were full of dishes and spices. The array of seasonings was fit for somebody of color; which caught me by surprise.

The dining room was just as impressive. The table stretched so far, that I didn't even know enough people to fill the seats.

Upstairs housed 5 rooms, two sharing a connecting bathroom and the others with their own. I took my time looking through every door. It didn't take long to figure out which was the master. It had a long California King bed nestled between two consoles on the walls for storage. The Visio flat screen across from nearly took up the entire wall, floating over an entertainment center with all the latest consoles lined up. One side door led to a walk-in closet, the other to the most incredible bathroom I've ever seen.

I found myself naked standing in a humongous walk-in shower. It was like something from a movie. Water trickled from the ceiling above me and jetted out the faucet ahead of me. I washed away all of my worries and inhibitions. Steam filled the luxury bathroom and made the air crisp and comforting. I hadn't felt this kind of warmth in years

As the night came and went, the magnitude of my situation spun around in my head like a carousel. For the first time in my life, I felt like God was looking out for me. I wasn't hopeless anymore.

Michelle and Sy'eer had both betrayed me. That scar still burned, but on the other hand, I was in this crazy condo with a garage full of cars and maybe an entire inheritance. It was hard to sit around hurt for long. It was slowly starting to fade to the back of my head.

I'd barely gotten any sleep, but sleep felt like a waste. Now that I knew I could beat this case, I had to weigh out the possibilities ahead of me.

After cleaning my body and washing my hair, I wrapped a towel around my waist and returned to the bedroom. My phone started ringing almost immediately. It was Eleanor.

"Hello," I answered quickly.

I could hear the wind whipping in her background as she took a moment to respond, "Good Morning my dear Nephew. How are you settling in the condo?"

"Well, very well."

"Good, good. I spoke with the Judge over your case and managed to bump the trial up in priority. Fingers crossed you'll be able to handle this mess within the next week or so," she explained casually. As if it was just a minor inconvenience.

"Uh, that's good... right?"

"Absolutely," she began before her tone shifted. "You have gone through the evidence that was collected, right?"

"Yes ma'am," I quickly responded.

She sighed, "Good. Then this should be a simple task. Have you arranged an attorney or should I contact the family attorney?"

We have a family attorney?

"I typically don't get him involved in such unserious matters," she added. Again she was speaking casually like this was a minor inconvenience. However, with the evidence we had, her confidence was beginning to rub off on me.

"I have one arranged."

"Perfect. Also, I've arranged for you to have a suit tailored for your hearing. I'll text you the details, your fitting is tomorrow," she explained.

Fitting? Tailored suit?

"Uhh, alright. Sounds good."

"Also, I noticed your wardrobe yesterday- or erm," she paused clearing her throat in disapproval. "Lack thereof, I should say. Please utilize that debit card I gave to you. Whether you get the inheritance or not, everything in that condo and account are yours to do with what you will, so don't be shy with spending. Some more suitable clothing would be a top priority, I'd assume."

I didn't even have time to be offended. My biggest and final worry was whether or not I'd owe money if I spent it, and she'd just given me my answer.

"You're saying this is my stuff? My money?"

"The accounts are in your name," she said uninterested. "Don't be late for your fitting tomorrow."

"Um o-" Before I could even finish my response the call was ended. I stood there a moment, a little shocked. This condo belonged to me. "This is my fucking condo," I muttered to myself in disbelief. I couldn't stop my body from moving as I slid back into the bathroom and danced in the mirror. "This my shit!"

After I found some stocked toiletries in the linen closet, I brushed my teeth and freshened up. I found the cleanest T-shirt and jeans I owned and got dressed. As I slipped on my sneakers a realization hit me. If everything in this condo belonged to me, that meant-

"These are my cars," I shouted zooming into the garage. I did another roulette with the key dish and fished out a random fob. When I pressed the button, the headlights to a G Wagon with army green Kevlar coating lit up at the very end of the lineup. "My fucking G Wagon!"

I no longer felt that sense of fear when I ran my hand over the hood of each car. I took my time checking out each build, every rim, every wrap. When I made it to the G-Wagon, I hopped in and adjusted my seat til I was comfortable. Opening the garage, I backed out and closed it behind me.

I had one location in mind as I jetted down the streets, and out of the neighborhood: The Bank.

It was time to see how much money was in my account.