223 | King's Orders

AFTER ALL THE HARDSHIPS that everyone experienced in their previous battle, Day 05 has finally arrived, marking the last and final day of the Annual Brotherhood Reranking. Everyone was tuning in as this battle will finally determine the most important titles a brotherhood can achieve.

     The Barons.

     The Counts.

     The Marquis.

     The Dukes.

     The Royals...the Princes.

     And, of course, the most important title of all, the Kings.

     Apart from having such an amazing title, the kings have the most power when it comes to the brotherhood system. When something needs to change within the houses, the king must be able to approve of it first. Like the council president, the kings also have the power to change rules, add rules, and even remove a rule entirely. These privileges come with great responsibility, though, which is why Rank 1 does not only mean the strongest brotherhood but also the most honorable of them all.

     "Viktor," Tanis calls out.

     Viktor, who has been staring out of the bus's window since they left, takes a deep breath and glances at the empty seat beside him. A seat in which a certain black uniform was supposed to be found.

     "If it's not important, I don't want to hear it," Viktor answers before turning to look out of the window again.

     Tanis sighs, and then he takes the empty seat beside their leader before saying, "The place where we'll have the battle and the number of members to battle has been announced in advance."

     "What?" Viktor asks in shock, finally turning his head to look at his right-hand man. "Where? How many?"

     "It's going to be held in the House of Pawns," Tanis reveals.

     "And the members? How many members will be battling against each other?" Viktor asks next, and the expression on Tanis's face instantly changes again.

     "I've thought about it, and you have more injuries than the rest of us. It would be best if you let me battle and—"

     "How many?" Viktor asks again with a much more serious tone, leaving Tanis with no other choice but to reveal the truth.

     "One."

     "O-One?"

     "The battle for the fifth day...will be one on one.

...

All the students of J.S High were at the auditorium to watch the battle that would soon take place in a few hours. They were all still very much unpleased about the results, but after the battle yesterday, President Ian talked to all of them. He didn't explain anything, nor did he reveal what the brotherhoods were planning, but one sentence made everyone hopeful again.

     "Trust your brotherhoods, and we will eventually conquer all."

     Those words alone washed away everyone's doubt. That's why yesterday, despite the tears, they showed the members of Revels what J.S High is really about. They showed that something like this won't break them down.

     This was the House of Kings that Max wanted to see. And this change was greatly influenced by him, even if he realized it or not.

     "Max," Ari called out when he saw Max walking out of the auditorium.