Chapter 25- Roommate

It'd been a week and a half or so since you've been here. You had found yourself a vacant home in the snowy woods. It wasn't too far from where the skeleton brothers lived.

The other human, named Frisk as you came to know them, had freed the Underground about a day after you had arrived. While many of the monsters moved aboveground, you elected to stay down here along with a few others.

Your first friends such as Sans, Papyrus, and Alphys would occasionally come to visit you. Said visits allowed you to meet your new friends Undyne, Toriel, Mettaton, and Frisk.
And after a special visit just 15 minutes ago, you were introduced to who would now be your new roommate. Flowey.

Now, upon meeting Flowey you weren't too surprised to learn he was pretty much a talking flower considering the first monster you'd met at all was a skeleton. The only thing that really surprised you was his attitude.

It was amusing how they dressed him up to meet you though.
A little bow tie around his stem and his pot freshly painted with the words
"Please, remind me that I promised to behave."
It made you chuckle softly to yourself at the very least.

While a great majority of monsters all held an air of kindness around them, Flowey practically radiated annoyance and even anger at times. He was the most prickly character you'd met down here and he didn't have a single thorn on his stem.

"I really have to live here in this dump with you?"
You heard Flowey complain once again over the fact that he had to live with you now.
You merely rolled your eyes.

"Would you rather be at the dump in Waterfall? I bet you'd like it there more cause of all the water actually."
While your so-called threat was empty, you did your best to look like you meant it, smiling a little as you saw him wiggle around in his pot as he backtracked.

"You wouldn't do that! Frisk said you have to keep me here with you no matter what!"
You could tell he was having some sort of inner conflict with himself as he said that but that just made it more amusing.

"Of course, how could I forget.
But then, what about this then hm?"
You asked in an extra friendly tone as you gently tapped the words that were painted on the pot by Frisk.

"Ugh...I mean, thank you for opening your home to me. I really appreciate it."
He sighed and spoke through gritted teeth upon being reminded of Frisk's efforts to teach him to be nicer.

"That sounds more like it, you're very welcome Flowey."
You gave him a closed eyed smile and held back a giggle, followed up by a gentle head pat.

You could hear him start to grumble to himself but you just silently excused yourself as you walked to your room. You just needed a moment.

Your room was pretty bare for the most part. The bed had light grey bedding accompanied by a small, dark brown bedside table which you had a small lamp on. Across from that, you had a simple dresser that came in a lighter shade of brown than the bedside table.
Finally, on the wall nearest to the door of the room were just a few pictures of you with some of the friends you had here.

You knew it wasn't much but you were fine with that. You hadn't been here for that long and it's not like you really should have.
Your hand raised to fiddle with your necklace again, a habit you had now.

You considered taking it off for a bit but you didn't know if you felt like talking to your senti-spirit.
By now, you had come to figure out that whenever you took your necklace off, you couldn't feel anything and that wispy creature would appear.

You only really took your necklace off when you felt overwhelmed.
A kind of break from your emotions.

Another thing you had found regarding your necklace was that it looked like it could be opened. While looking it over when you had it off once, there was a line that ran all the way around the edges of the locket. You were sure that it meant it could be opened but try as you might, it didn't budge.