Chapter 18- Decisions

After you and Night had finished your pretzels, it was time to go meet up with Dream and Michael.

"Are you ready to go meet back up with the others?" You asked Nightmare, standing from your seat. He didn't answer. You saw that he was looking up, at the sky.

"Night?" You called his name, this time he turned his head to you.

"My apologies, what did you say?" He asked, standing up and moving next to you.

"I asked if you were ready to go back now. Are you feeling ok?" You titled your head slightly as your eyes looked him over carefully.

"Oh- Yeah, I'm fine. Just a bit worried since I've been gone from the tree so long." Night said rather quickly.

You would've asked him further, just to make sure, but his worries made sense and time was up. You wouldn't want to worry Dream and Michael.

"Ok then, lets not keep you away from it longer then we have to." You said, grabbing his hand and pulling him back towards the entrance.

"Look, there they are!" You see Michael point at you and Night

You walked over, smiling and holding in a laugh because Dream was now wrapped around Michael's leg.

"Hey guys, how was your trip?" You asked,  genuinely curious on how things went with them.

"Well, we went to a few candy places, that's for sure." Michael answered, giving his leg one last shake in attempt to get Dream off. It was unsuccessful.

"A-Anyways, what about you? I bet you guys had more fun." You noticed his eyes glanced at something and he smiled kindly.

"I think we had a pretty fun experience. Got some neat stuff I really wanted and the pretzels here are really good." You said, leaving put the part where Nightmare was being bullied. They didn't need to know that part.

"Sounds great! But uh, I guess we'd better head back to the tree now?" Michael said, gesturing towards the exit of the mall.

You nodded and proceeded to lead the group again, leaving the mall.

You looked behind yourself to make sure the others were following you only to stop and watch Michael try to keep up with a Dream still clinging to his leg.

People are looking.

You wait for Michael to basically shuffle over to you, suppressing a laugh. It looked like Nightmare was doing the same.

"Brother, why are you literally clinging onto Michael?" Nightmare asked, sounding completely confused.

"Well you see, when I had to much candy, Michael told me to hold onto something sturdy as to not 'destroy anything'." Dream said, his voice rising and falling. He definitely had to much candy.

"I see..." Nightmare looked down at his brother and then up at Michael.

"By the looks of it, he'll be like that until we get back home."

Michael seemed to die inside at that.

"Oh, alright then-" Michael sounded like he died inside, a shakey smile on his face.

"Ok then, we'd better get going then if we're going to make it before the shield goes away." You said, returning your walk, making sure to go slow enough so that Michael wouldn't fall behind.

---------------------------

You finally got to the tree. The sun was pretty low in the sky and you could see that the shield just barely faded away.